FS (USA,VA): 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS coupe - $2,500 OBO - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > > >
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS coupe - ,500 OBO

Old 08-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
Green Dude
1.8L

Car: 2000 RS coupe
Trader Rating: (0)
Default 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS coupe - $2,500 OBO

For sale is my 2000 RS coupe, located in Arlington, VA. The car has just under 153,000 miles on the chassis and 5-speed manual transmission, and about 135,000 on the N/A 2.5 engine. Iíve owned the car since 2012, when it had 138,000 miles on it. Prior to my ownership, the car was used for rallycross for 2-3 years, so it has an extensive list of chassis modifications.

Itís a tough little car, but itís definitely not in concours condition. Bumps and dents aboundóitís not lacking in character. If you look closely, you can just see the shadows of the Mach V Motorsports logos that prior owners ran on it in their competition days. And, because old Subaru that's led a hard life in this neck of the woods, rust.

(fyi, here's the previous owner's sale posting: 2000 RS for $3500)

The car is super fun to drive and is awesome in all weather conditions. It handles great and with all the chassis mods has a very direct feel. Not comfortable, not quiet, but very connected.

While being used for rallycross the previous owner replaced the engine with one that had about 110,000 miles on it. He replaced the head gaskets on the replacement engine, and reported that the timing belt had been changed on the new engine at 90,000 miles.

The mods are as follows:

- Mods added by the previous owner:

Engine
Perrin Lightened Crank Pulley
Fidanza Flywheel
Exedy Stage I clutch
STI Group N Engine and Pitch Mounts
Hardened Rear Differential Bushing
Cobb Short-Throw Shifter

Suspension
05 WRX Suspension (Dual drilled rear so it can accept all GC and GD suspensions)
Group N Strut Top Mounts
Whiteline 20mm Front Sway Bar
Whitleline Front Endlinks
Perrin Positive Steering Response Kit
Whiteline Front Strut Tower Brace
Whiteline Rear Camber Bolts

Brakes
05 WRX Brakes
Goodrich Stainless steel brake lines
Poleboy MC Brace

Interior
Ď04 WRX seats, front and rear
í04 WRX floormats

Exterior
Sylvania Silverstar Headligh t Bulbs
V5 WRX Tail lights
Clear Turn Signals
Bumper vents Painted Black
Corners and Headlights Painted Black
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Sparco Hood Pins
Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk
Tinted Windows (27%)

Electronics
Alpine amp and speakers

- Mods/replacements in my seven years/15,000 miles of ownership:

Subaru HD rear sway bar mounts
2002-03 WRX rear sway bar
Kartboy subframe lock bolts
Hawk HP+ brake pads
Centric rotors front/rear
Motul brake fluid
replaced trans and rear diff fluid
K & N air filter
H6 (larger) rear disc brakes
new radiator
new alternator
new battery last year
replaced battery-to-starter cable last year
new plugs a couple years ago
replaced valve cover gaskets a couple years ago
replaced an O2 sensor a couple years ago
Kevlar clutch line
new OEM clutch master cylinder
new clutch slave cylinder
new steering rack boots
flushed the power steering fluid last spring
new a/c and accessory belts last spring
replaced left front, both rear wheel bearings
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires
Four-wheel Alignment by Mach V Motorsports
removed head unit and rewired amp to connect directly to iPod/device through headphone jack
installed stock catback exhaust

No check engine light; passed emissions inspection in 2018 and its safety inspection is good through Oct. 2019. Starts fine, idles fine, runs fine. The a/c works fine. The windows go up/down a bit slowly, but no slower than they did when I bought the car. And no leaksówater in, or oil (or coolant) out.

The car is mechanically fine, but is starting to get fairly rusty throughout. A couple years ago I filled some holes around the rear quarter panel/wheel well area and treated them with rust inhibitor, but the rust is coming back. I also treated some rust on the rim of the sunroof, and that rust has not come back (the sunroof does not leak, although it does need a little extra persuasion to close these days). The paint is fading, particularly on the roof.

The clear coat on the carbon fiber hood and trunk needs attention. Iíve re-clear-coated the trunk twice over the past few years, but it needs attention again; Iíve never cleared the hood but itís ready for it.

While servicing the idle air control valve (IACV) a few years ago, one of the two bolts that holds the IACV to the manifold broke off in the manifold. The bolt needs to be drilled out and replaced, but Iíve been using a c-clamp to hold the IACV in place on that side. (I did this previously to the other bolt that holds the IACV, and it cost about $130 for a shop to drill it out.)

New Michelin Pilot sport A/S 3 tires about three years/5,000 miles ago, and theyíre in great shape with many miles to go. The passenger side front tire has always needed air added every three weeks or so, but I had the same issue with that wheel before the new tires, so I'm confident it's not a tire issue but a tiny leak somewhere in the wheel (or maybe valve stem?). And while it has a performance clutch and lightweight flywheel, the clutch feels the same as the day I bought the car. Works just fine.

Fresh oil and filter two weeks ago.

$2,500 or best offer.

Thanks!

Last edited by Green Dude; 08-12-2019 at 04:20 AM..
Green Dude is offline   Reply With Quote