I'm interested in buying a WRX but I have some questions - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
I'm interested in buying a WRX but I have some questions

Old 06-18-2019, 05:05 AM   #1
JasperJoran
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)
Default I'm interested in buying a WRX but I have some questions

I love the WRX. I'm really torn between the WRX and a Dodge Challenger. Really I just badly want a stick and those two are the most appealing to me as far as looks and interior space.

Really I wanna know how much they cost to maintain? Insure? If any of you financed where did you go through for the loan? Pros and Cons overall?

I'm a college student still so I'm not looking for brand new, 2010-2015 will be fine for me. I'm hoping for really just a base model, I don't really need any extra stuff on it personally.

Last edited by Joshua; 07-22-2019 at 01:16 PM..
JasperJoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
Jack_Stalk
www.jackstalk.com

Trader Rating: (47)

The wrx is pretty cheap to maintain, i dont know specific downfalls of the newer models but theyre slightly more expensive than owning a nonturbo impreza/outback but not as expensive as a bmw/mercedes for maintenance. The wrx costs more in gas but you get what you pay for.
Jack_Stalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #3
lovelash
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJoran View Post
I love the WRX. I'm really torn between the WRX and a Dodge Challenger. Really I just badly want a stick and those two are the most appealing to me as far as looks and interior space.

Really I wanna know how much they cost to maintain? Insure? If any of you financed where did you go through for the loan? Pros and Cons overall?

I'm a college student still so I'm not looking for brand new, 2010-2015 will be fine for me. I'm hoping for really just a base model, I don't really need any extra stuff on it personally.
9Apps APK Cartoon HD | Download Cartoon HD APK APP for Android Free! [2019] VidMate APK
A big pro for me is that the challenger is one of the biggest 2 door cars there is.

Itís pretty much a 2 door car thatís the size of a full size sedan. Almost as big as a charger if not the same. Youíd be surprised how spacious and large it is up in person.

Being this big and heavy, itís such a nice cruiser. And mines only a v6 with a cold air intake. Has enough power to have some fun and thrill every time I get into it but not so much power I get in real trouble lol.

Last edited by lovelash; 07-28-2019 at 02:39 PM..
lovelash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
TopElement
2.0L

Car: All AWD, some turbo
Trader Rating: (1)

If you're not convinced you want a Subaru, it's probably not for you.

The WRX is a fun little car with turbo and AWD, but I don't see the point in them instead of just getting an STI.

The Challenger is a big piece of crap American car with no style, poor driver visibility, and average handling. It's a little fun in a straight line, but doesn't have much else special about it.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:27 PM   #5
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Prodrive all things
Trader Rating: (4)

After having worked at a Subaru dealer and a Chrysler Jeep Dodge.. I'd go with Subaru. Despite the cheap interior quality, I saw way more happy Subaru service customers than I did CJDR. To be fair, that could have something to do with the quality of service work in each dealer.. but I stand by my choice.

I think the Challenger is a fun car to drive; I drove quite a few different trim levels. But I'd go Subaru.. although STI instead of WRX.