If you are a vendor, please be sure to read these FAQ and Rules.
Q: I want to sell t-shirts, stickers, or something else but don't plan on marking them up to make a profit. Can I do this without a vendor account?
A: Sorry, no. As I often have to get involved with sales because members direct questions to me it is not cost/time effective for me. Besides, if you mark up your items by $0.50 or $1.00 you can easily cover the cost of a one month account, plus advertise on the home page to get more exposure.
Q: Can I go month-to-month?
A: Yes. However, you must keep your vendor account active until you have completed (shipped) all of your sales. This means if you do a group buy and it takes 45 days to complete the ordering and shipping process, you must be a vendor for 2 months.
Q: I don't have PayPal, can I send you a check?
A: Sorry, no. Using the built-in subscription system automates your account in so many ways that I cannot do it manually. PayPal is safe and easy to use, so please consider paying with a credit card through PayPal.
Q: I have a vendor account, but I cannot post in the forums / Vendor For Sale section - why?
A: If you have an old vendor account (green username) you will need to upgrade to the current vendor account at the current rates. Your username will change to Orange and "Premium Vendor" signifying you can post.
Q: Can I post items in the classifieds as a vendor?
A: YES! Please feel free to use the private classifieds, but do make mention that you are a vendor.
Q: What do I have to do for a Group Buy?
A: You will need to provide me with detailed information about yourself, as well as your business, to prevent fraud.
Q: Can I post items for sale for friends?
A: No. Please have the actual seller use the public classifieds.
Q: Can I bump my threads?
A: Yes, but bumps must be limited to 1 per 24 hour period.
1. No home page image should be so large that it "stretches" the home page when viewed with a monitor set at 1024 x 768 resolution. Therefore, most images should not be wider than about 550 pixels. See this example for a guideline - note the image is not wider that the "2" to the "a" (approximately) in the header.
2. ALL NEW ADS ARE MODERATED. The moderators will review each new thread. If another vendor has posted a new ad on the same day, you will have to wait a day to see your ad so everyone can get equal exposure.
3. Please limit the number and size of images posted so that the home page loads reasonably quickly. If you have multiple images, consider placing up to THREE images in the first post, and then replying to your thread and putting the rest of the images in the second post.
4. All images MUST be product, service, or event related
. (i.e., no banner ads, no letterhead, no product/store logos.) No image should be larger than 150k in file size. No "signature" images are allowed in your posts.
5. All advertised products should be in stock and ready to ship. Please, no special orders or group buys without my prior explicit written permission, or group buy certification.
6. All advertising must be truthful and factual. Mis-representation of products, pricing, availability, or otherwise is grounds for termination of your vendor account.
7. Please enable your PM's (Private Messages) or email-to in your CP (Control Panel) so customers can reach you. If needed, contact me for a custom signature that includes detailed contact information, such as phone, email, web site, and hours.
8. If I receive multiple customer complaints for any reasons that reflect poorly on the RS Club and they cannot be resolved in a timely manner, I may terminate your vendor account at my discretion. You will not be refunded if I suspect fraud.
9. Selling damaged, broken, or otherwise defective items without explicitly informing the customer(s) prior to the sale is prohibited. All items should be clearly described so buyers can make informed decisions.
10. Please do not edit your for sale posts so as to remove the content of the advertisement
, such as removing descriptions or images, effectively hiding what was available. If desired, please mark items as "SOLD" or PM a moderator to close or delete the thread if items are outdated or sold out.
11. Vendor stalking is prohibited and is defined as the copying of another vendor's ad format when selling the identical item and/or bumping your ad immediately after another bumps their own ad for the same item.
12. You may have a 3-line signature which you can use to advertise your products, services, web site, specials, classified ads, etc. If you are not using your signature for business purposes, please maintain a 1-line signature like other users.
Basically, all you need to do is reflect well on the RS Club by keeping the members happy and we will all continue to be a great community for everyone.