Vendor FAQ and Rules - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Vendor FAQ and Rules

Old 08-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
RS25.com
Retired Admin

Car: Two Mini Coopers!
Fav Mod: Badge of invisibility
Trader Rating: (7)
Post Vendor FAQ and Rules

If you are a vendor, please be sure to read these FAQ and Rules.

FAQ:

Q: I want to sell t-shirts, stickers, or something else but don't plan on marking them up to make a profit. Can I do this without a vendor account?
A: Sorry, no. As I often have to get involved with sales because members direct questions to me it is not cost/time effective for me. Besides, if you mark up your items by $0.50 or $1.00 you can easily cover the cost of a one month account, plus advertise on the home page to get more exposure.

Q: Can I go month-to-month?
A: Yes. However, you must keep your vendor account active until you have completed (shipped) all of your sales. This means if you do a group buy and it takes 45 days to complete the ordering and shipping process, you must be a vendor for 2 months.

Q: I don't have PayPal, can I send you a check?
A: Sorry, no. Using the built-in subscription system automates your account in so many ways that I cannot do it manually. PayPal is safe and easy to use, so please consider paying with a credit card through PayPal.

Q: I have a vendor account, but I cannot post in the forums / Vendor For Sale section - why?
A: If you have an old vendor account (green username) you will need to upgrade to the current vendor account at the current rates. Your username will change to Orange and "Premium Vendor" signifying you can post.

Q: Can I post items in the classifieds as a vendor?
A: YES! Please feel free to use the private classifieds, but do make mention that you are a vendor.

Q: What do I have to do for a Group Buy?
A: You will need to provide me with detailed information about yourself, as well as your business, to prevent fraud.

Q: Can I post items for sale for friends?
A: No. Please have the actual seller use the public classifieds.

Q: Can I bump my threads?
A: Yes, but bumps must be limited to 1 per 24 hour period.

--------------------------------------------

RULES:

1. No home page image should be so large that it "stretches" the home page when viewed with a monitor set at 1024 x 768 resolution. Therefore, most images should not be wider than about 550 pixels. See this example for a guideline - note the image is not wider that the "2" to the "a" (approximately) in the header.

-

2. ALL NEW ADS ARE MODERATED. The moderators will review each new thread. If another vendor has posted a new ad on the same day, you will have to wait a day to see your ad so everyone can get equal exposure.

3. Please limit the number and size of images posted so that the home page loads reasonably quickly. If you have multiple images, consider placing up to THREE images in the first post, and then replying to your thread and putting the rest of the images in the second post.

4. All images MUST be product, service, or event related. (i.e., no banner ads, no letterhead, no product/store logos.) No image should be larger than 150k in file size. No "signature" images are allowed in your posts.

5. All advertised products should be in stock and ready to ship. Please, no special orders or group buys without my prior explicit written permission, or group buy certification.

6. All advertising must be truthful and factual. Mis-representation of products, pricing, availability, or otherwise is grounds for termination of your vendor account.

7. Please enable your PM's (Private Messages) or email-to in your CP (Control Panel) so customers can reach you. If needed, contact me for a custom signature that includes detailed contact information, such as phone, email, web site, and hours.

8. If I receive multiple customer complaints for any reasons that reflect poorly on the RS Club and they cannot be resolved in a timely manner, I may terminate your vendor account at my discretion. You will not be refunded if I suspect fraud.

9. Selling damaged, broken, or otherwise defective items without explicitly informing the customer(s) prior to the sale is prohibited. All items should be clearly described so buyers can make informed decisions.

10. Please do not edit your for sale posts so as to remove the content of the advertisement, such as removing descriptions or images, effectively hiding what was available. If desired, please mark items as "SOLD" or PM a moderator to close or delete the thread if items are outdated or sold out.

11. Vendor stalking is prohibited and is defined as the copying of another vendor's ad format when selling the identical item and/or bumping your ad immediately after another bumps their own ad for the same item.

12. You may have a 3-line signature which you can use to advertise your products, services, web site, specials, classified ads, etc. If you are not using your signature for business purposes, please maintain a 1-line signature like other users.

Basically, all you need to do is reflect well on the RS Club by keeping the members happy and we will all continue to be a great community for everyone.

Last edited by Kevin; 06-03-2014 at 07:21 AM..
RS25.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

two questions jamie to make sure we're on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs25.com
5. All advertised products should be in stock and ready to ship. Please, no special orders or group buys without my prior explicit written permission, or group buy certification.
does this rule apply to items like i produce. ie: hoodies/shirts/girl clothing...or does the permission that i got from you (and mattypoo) to use the club logo's stand here as your "explicit permission"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs25.com
10. Please do not edit your for sale posts so as to remove the content of the advertisement, such as removing descriptions or images, effectively hiding what was available. If desired, please mark items as "SOLD" or PM me to close or delete the thread if items are outdated or sold out.
does this rule apply to the pictures of the site logos that are yours and matty's? what i mean by this, is that after the sale, can i/we (geran) take the pics down so as to keep others form producing the items without permission. OR, would you like me to use a watermark on the pics like geran has done in his recent sticker thread?

thank you.
-b-rian
Old 08-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
RS25.com
Retired Admin

Car: Two Mini Coopers!
Fav Mod: Badge of invisibility
Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George of the Jungle
does this rule apply to items like i produce. ie: hoodies/shirts/girl clothing...or does the permission that i got from you (and mattypoo) to use the club logo's stand here as your "explicit permission"?
No, that does not apply to special order/group buy type situations, such as your shirts, stickers, or other custom made items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George of the Jungle
does this rule apply to the pictures of the site logos that are yours and matty's? what i mean by this, is that after the sale, can i/we (geran) take the pics down so as to keep others form producing the items without permission. OR, would you like me to use a watermark on the pics like geran has done in his recent sticker thread?
Images and logos can be the exception. However, I do like the idea of the watermark (personally). Personally, I would just post really small (and thus unusable when enlarged) images and watermark them.

Thanks for asking!
RS25.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

thanks for clarifying
Old 05-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
RalliFab
2.0L

Car: 02 RS silver
Fav Mod: RallisportV2
Trader Rating: (0)

James, I would like to possibly start a group buy, I would rather not provide personal info in this thread how can I get this info to you.
RalliFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Chaser Aero
Account Closed For Now

Trader Rating: (4)

I would like to set up a GB...where do I start? I read the thread but it says "Retired Admin"...are you still the one to contact?
Chaser Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

you've already bought the vendor status. now just make a post and get to it.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:57 AM   #8
Chaser Aero
Account Closed For Now

Trader Rating: (4)

Do I do it in the Vendor Announcements or Vendor Classifieds?
Chaser Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
RoadRunner

Car: 06 Wrangler Unlimited
Trader Rating: (56)

Vendor Classifieds, please.

James (username-RS25.com) is retired.
Kevin (username-Kevin) is the current site owner. Contact him if you have specific questions that a moderator can't answer.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #10
JSpecGC8
3.3L

Car: 2000 V6 STi RA LTD
Fav Mod: Rear 3 Point Strut Bar
Trader Rating: (9)

Are vendors still allowed to use the private classifieds or only use the vendor classifieds now?
JSpecGC8 is offline   Reply With Quote