Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Joe Cal's 2001 BRP Impreza 2.5RS

21K views 93 replies 16 participants last post by  joecal77 
#1 · (Edited)
In December 2011 I bought a Subaru Impreza 2.5RS from a dealer. 124k miles, no spoiler, clear coat peeling, I wanted an RS and didn't mind dealing with some of the small BS, oh was I wrong.

-Car repairs to date: (Edited 1/2016)

-Brakes: New Brake pads, new Rotors, 4 calipers (1 new, 3 used), brakes bled. E brake repair (new brake shoes and rebuild kit, SS brake lines.

-Misc: knock sensor, 2 serpentine belts, exhaust leak, new spark plugs, new battery, 2 new front speakers, new front bumper, L front bumper beam, fuel pump, blower motor resistor, fuel filter, re balanced tires, alignment, new starter.

-Major: Transmission swap, Auto transmission was bad at such low miles, Luckily I found one with 87k for a really good price thanks to another member (Mykul). Head gasket repair, new timing belt, new valve covers, including all fluids and a couple other small things have to check receipts again.
(All major repairs done at 128k)

I really lucked out with a lot of these repairs because I have a friend who is a great mechanic.
Him and his brother put a lot of work into fixing my car and barely made any profit from it. I want to thank them again for everything they have done to help me.

Even though this has been a bit of a project car, I couldn't be happier with my Impreza, because it's an amazing daily driver, and I plan on driving it for as long as I can. (Current mileage: 160k on dash, 175k on shell.

Current Performance Mods:

Injen CAI
K&N Air Filter
Front strut bar
WRX rear sway bar
05 STI Exhaust
Perrin LWC pulley
KYB GR2 struts
Monroe mounts
Tanabe springs

Exterior:
Clear side markers
Clear turn signals
Clear corner lights
RS25 decal
JDM Tails
Version 6 grill.
Quick release bumper fastener.
Version 5 replica STI spoiler
Ebay polyurethane STI replica front lip
Green WRX trunk decal
Accord rear spats
Anthracite metallic grey (plasti dip) wheels with can of gloss, on Yokohama winter tires.
Goldies on used Michelin tires.

Interior:
Blue and Black 02 WRX front seats
Stock RS rear seats
LED dome light
RS floor carpets
Titanium STI car key
Double cup holder from a newer forester

Current plans for car:

New shell.
Rally Armor mud flaps
Wheel bearing (repaired).
Headers.

June 2016
[/IMG]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
In the last few months I added a few small mods to the car, the list includes: clear corners lights, clear side markers, a set of legacy wheels, front strut bar, rear WRX sway bar, and my favorite the double cup holder!

future plans for the car: Front STI sway bar, fixed paint and rust (stupid corner panels -_-) new front bumper, and spats. As for ride height that might be pushed back due to current finances but a set of GR2s and springs does sound pretty boss.

Some current photos:

#19 · (Edited)
Fresh car wash, not enough scotchbrite in the world to keep these wheels clean, also new WRX decal for the trunk I ordered a few month agos off ebay for $12. Been trying to find one for a friend but no luck, if anyone has one for sale/ knows where they are sold hit me up

Throw back to my first car: 92 accord LX, got the car for free from my moms friend, threw a little over $1300 into the car, was an amazing daily, but the transmission started going (on top of many other problems) so that was sold to a guy who lives near a friends house.

#21 ·

New STI Exhaust, A great upgrade for cheap ($100) beats my cracked RS exhaust, onto bigger and better things!. :flame:

Triple threat photo shoot (from left to right) Subiefan98's, LifelessViets, Joecal77
Who needs a new car when you can drive a 90s-early 2000s classic. (Don't raise your hands all at once now) :cool:

#23 ·
Thank you! They aren't loose but they do move around a bit. I'm not sure if they are depo brand or the JDM ones, but the clear corner lights and side markers are because I grabbed both of those off ebay Lol. Also Props to you for your clean white RS, very detailed maintenance records too, glad its working out better than the FC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.