Im planning on doing this upgrade this winter as well.
My problem is i had 2 wheel bearings go out on the rear.
Me & my uncle started tearing it apart to find that everything is rusted to hell.
The rotors, calipers, hub, all the bolts & the backing plate. So im going to replace everything and upgrade my brakes at the same time.
Can anyone tell me if i buy the 4/2 pot upgrade for the front & rear, should i buy 00' hubs or do i need the 06/07 hubs for the front & rear.
And i would also like to upgrade my pads and rotors when doing this install.
I was thinking a slotted & drilled rotor with maybe some hawk pads. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a website where i can purchase pads & rotors that will fit with the 4/2 pot upgrade.
Bring this up from the dead. Sorry if i have missed some infos here. I recently just bought 4/2 pots. It just came with pads and calipers only. I searched but for some reasons i still have questions:
1. Front rotors were the same from 02-07 (if im not mistaken), so i bought centric rotors with part #120.47018 along with stoptech ss line with part #950.47004. The front pretty much plug and play. Were they the right part for the front one?
2. For the rears, which part # the rear backing plates. I checked with subarugenuineparts.com and i put 07 wrx tr. they gave me different part #s which was 26255AA061/71 than 26704FE080/90. Which one should i get?
3. For wheel bearing, should i get the 06/07 wheel bearings? Or my stock gc8 wheel bearing. I am using my stock gc8 hubs and knuckles.
4. Are Centrics with part #120.47025 correct?
5. Rear stoptech lines with part #950.47501 also correct?
Just an update, You shouldn't have to shave down the kartboy adapters like you used to in the past. I installed mine a few months ago, and didn't have to. However, you still need to add a washer to the bolts it gives you, or else they will scrape the rotor in the rear.