Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Stock FSB and RSB sizes

119K views 200 replies 96 participants last post by  bue car 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Compiling Stock Front Sway bar/RSB size chart

All these rear sway bars should be interchangable. STI bars are said to fit regular imprezas if you bolt them to the outside of the endlinks.
Non-turbo FSBs will fit non-turbo cars.
Turbo FSBs will fit turbo cars.

93-96
L: 19F/optional 13R
L Wagon: 19F/13R
OBS: 19F/13R

97-2001
L: 19F/13R
L wagon: 19F/13R
Rs: 19F/13R
OBS: 19f/13R

TS: 20F/13R
RS: 20F/13R
WRX sedan: 20F/20R
WRX wagon: 20F/17R

TS 20F/13R
WRX sedan: 20F/20R

WRX sedan: 20F/17R There was a changeover to a smaller bar mid 03.

WRX sedan: 20F/17R
STI: 20F/20R

WRX sedan: 20F/17R
STI: 20F/20R

Need 06 info! Respond to the thread or PM me so I can update this thread.
2.5i:
WRX sedan:
WRX wagon:
STI:

04 Forester
20F/17R

according to one of the mods, 90-99 Legacy bars do fit 93-07 Imprezas. NA to NA and turbo to turbo, of course.

Many thanks to those who're helping this thread along.

Feel free to correct me if you think any of this data is wrong
I'll update this post with your answers.

DIY RSB Install thread

NASIOC Sister Thread
I-Club Sister Thread

I am no longer curating this thread as I am way too busy. PM RoadRunner with CONFIRMED information and he will update this thread as he has time.

See less See more
#193 · (Edited)
ok guys, so I am doing a build/swap on my 2001 RS Coupe and all my suspension, brakes, and drivetrain is 2002-2007 WRX sedan Wide Track. However I purchased Whiteline Sway Bars before the initial build decision and have yet to install them with everything else. I have Whiteline 24MM GC Turbo Front Sway Bar (BSF20X) and Whiteline 22MM Adjustable Rear Sway Bar (BSR20XZ) now will these fit without issue and give optimal performance, I will be using Whiteline Adjustable Rear Lateral Links (KTA109) with WRX Sedan Front Aluminum Control Arms.

#194 ·
Just for the record...

While I was working on the car today, I made a point of measuring the front and rear OEM sway bars with a set of calipers. I don't believe anyone has posted both the front and rear sway bar measurements for this year/model.

1998 JDM Impreza STI wagon (GF8)

Front - 19mm

Rear - 20mm

#196 ·
Question for you guys. I recently bought a GD whiteline 24mm adjustable rsb and tried to install then noticed the GD bushings don't work with the gc bracket/mount. So what would u guys recommend?

1) simple and cheap: buy 24mm bushings for about $20 and install on oem bracket/mount and try to sell the GD whiteline bushings

2) upgrade the mount/bracket to aftermarket GD forged alloy, not sure on price

3) scavenge for GD rsb mounts so I can use the whiteline bushings

4) any other options u guys got?

#198 · (Edited)
Just this part that is hanging?

Or with full mounting bracket?

Rs mounts for reference.

Buecar I know u have a lot of experience with both GD and GC. Just want to clarify before I buy anything.
1 side of the tab slides in the mount, other side of tab bolts down. For the gb tabs both side bolt down. Would I just slide 1 side in the rs mount and bolt the other side down and it'll hold safely? I checked prices for the GD tabs new, they're cheap $7 but $9 shipping. About the same as the 24mm gc bushings.

#199 ·
Ahh yea, you need the combo of the mounts and brackets.

You have the front in the first pic, and that bracket almost looks deformed like a steering rack mount LOL

Anyways, I can send a pic of the gd tabs, but I think you are right when you need the newer ones to match the bushing.

Unless you are racing or want to be fancy, the OEM mounts are plenty good for street, daily and some spirited runs on the weekend. No need to get fancy mounts.

#200 ·
Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying whiteline 24mm bushings for the rs tabs. Works perfectly. I haven't autox or anything but turning is noticeably sharper. Before with understeering seemed disappointing. Now I'm worried about oversteering :lol:. A lot more can go wrong if the rear gives out and there's not much room to correct it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.