6 Speed Swap Questions - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
6 Speed Swap Questions

Old 03-31-2019, 10:29 PM   #1
Barelyboosted
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)
Default 6 Speed Swap Questions

So I am in the market for a 6 speed and I found one in my area for a decent price. It came off an 05 sti that got rear ended which I cant see damaging the trans all to much. I have a 95 lx auto for the record.

Setup includes:
- 6-speed trans
- Shifter assembly
- Flywheel
- Clutch, fork and pin
- Rear diff
- 4 axles (RR boot is torn)
- 4 5x114.3 hubs

It also can come with the struts and sway bars if for a little extra. But I'm pretty sure the sway cars wont fit from what I've read.

Now my questions are

1. Can I run the struts if I switch to gc tophats( suspension isn't my most knowledgeable area)
2. Can I use the brakes that exist on my car or will I need to swap to wrx 4 pots/sti brembos
3.Other than the obvious pedal assembly, slave cylinder, ect. should I need to do the swap.

Never swapped from auto to manual before but have removed and reinstalled plenty of engines and transmissions. I'm stock right now but plan on swapping in a ej255 I'm going to have built in the near future along with a haltech elite 1000.

I'd like to get the 6 speed in and the haltech soon after so I can get everything sorted before I go F/I. I'm still deciding on things such as the brakes which is why if possible I'd like to use my stock ones for now if possible.

This is one of the biggest things I've taken on but I'm such I can do it. Any and all help would be much appreciated so this will go as smooth as possible.

Huge thanks in advance to everyone that can help my do my first manual swap.
Barelyboosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2019, 06:30 AM   #2
equinox92
They call me Garrett

Fav Mod: Park Bench
Trader Rating: (53)

1. You will need to run 5x114 struts in the front, the bolt spacing for the attachment point to the knuckle is different. The rears will bolt up to any hub, however the rear tophats are different and GC tophats don't fit on the rear GD struts because of the mating surface on the strut.

tl;dr you're gonna want a cobblemesh of parts to make struts work.

2. You will want to use the brembos, I don't know of any 5x114 rotors that will work with stock brakes or 4/2 pots as well as the larger diameter e brake in the rear.

Auto to manual swaps are simple, everything from a manual bolts right on up!