Rally X setups - Page 9 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
 
Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker
 
Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > > >
Rally X setups
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #81
renegadewrx
2.2L Turbo
 
Fav Mod: Dom 1.5XTR & Brembos
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frederick, MD
Trader Rating: (6)
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetect View Post
yeah after finally finding some pictures (thanks aquacow) looks like the main thing is itll be a total pain in the ass to reach in there for height adjustment, but id imagine the original spring perches are mostly out of the way of the GC perches, and looks like the GC sleeve would still settle/rest at the same point
Yeah that's where I found my information on the AGX/GC coil over setup. My first rallycross event on this setup I had a co-driver who took 1st and I took 5th in a very competitive Prepared AWD class.
renegadewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #82
aesthetect
the hard way
 
Fav Mod: jackstands+barn
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: norway
Trader Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,467
Default

you wouldnt happen to have pics of the 10" GCs with those rates at full up and/or full down would you?
aesthetect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #83
renegadewrx
2.2L Turbo
 
Fav Mod: Dom 1.5XTR & Brembos
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frederick, MD
Trader Rating: (6)
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetect View Post
you wouldnt happen to have pics of the 10" GCs with those rates at full up and/or full down would you?
I do not. I installed them around stockish ride height. I let them settle after about a week or so adjusted to where I wanted it and kept it there. pictures are in my journal of the height I used with my car.
renegadewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #84
emericareaper2
2.7L
 
Fav Mod: Steering Wheel Cover
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Trader Rating: (2)
Posts: 344
Default

car/year- 2000 2.5RS

wheel/tire- Stock 6 Spokes/Blizzak's

suspension- Stock w/ rear and front strut bars

brakes- Stock

engine- Stock exp. intake, drop-in, lwp, exhaust

misc- RA flaps, my dog, & a steering wheel cover

favorite track/place to rally- Friendswood Golf Course (IN)
emericareaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #85
bigjoshsubyfan
2.2L
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Trader Rating: (4)
Posts: 113
Default

For the record I bought robs agx set up off him and I do have pics of high and low.

High.(at least as high as I was willing to go)


and low just barely under stock maybe inch lower?

bigjoshsubyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #86
slowautoxr
2.0L
 
Fav Mod: tires
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Decatur, AL
Trader Rating: (1)
Posts: 84
Default

I play in the SCCA RallyCross SA class.

car/year- 2.RS sedan / 2000

wheel/tire- '98 gold 5 spokes / Hankook IPikes 205/55-16

suspension- KYB GR2's/Excel, max negative camber front and rear, 0 toe front, slight toe out rear

brakes- Advance Auto Wearever Silver

engine- 2.5RS (stock of course but with rebuilt heads - expensive story involved)

misc- diy mud flaps

favorite track/place to rally- I call north Alabama home but I like to travel too.

__________________
Charles / '00 RS sedan
slowautoxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #87
aesthetect
the hard way
 
Fav Mod: jackstands+barn
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: norway
Trader Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,467
Default

^ cool, im actually contemplating a move to huntsville, glad to know there would be some accessible dirty fun
aesthetect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #88
lelikmed
1.8L
 
Car: 2000 2.5L RS Silver
Fav Mod: Open Light AWD Rally Car
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NY
Trader Rating: (5)
Posts: 14
Default AGX KYB with GC sleevs and 10' springs - NO GOOD !!!

2000 Impreza RS.
Before first RallyX I had stock suspension with only 15' Legacy wheels and 195/65/15 winter tires.
I did just like many people on this forum and went with AGX KYB with GC sleevs and 10' springs 225fr 200rr and STi GrN top hats.
At the end raised car by 1 inch.
What I noticed immediately that the car became worse!!! Yes worse.

I can only compare it to the stock set up and few test runs over some local dirty tarmac roads but the result were obvious.

Understeer and Understeer with little more oversteer on the exit (oversteer is good). The ride was jumpy and bouncy.
I went to RallyX and finished 4th overall on my first event.

Here is the thing. The stock spring on RS has smt lke 160fr 147 rr rates on the stock dampers. Now we replacing stock dampers with AGX KYB dampers - which are essentially designed as a stock replacement and designed to work with stock springs. By puting hard 225 and 200 spring we essentially isolated shocks from the suspension - this called -----
UNDER-DAMPING.
At the end it is like your car is riding on the hard spring with no shocks involved. It is raised all right, but suspension travel is decreased and it is essentials on the gravel.

Now I am going softer again with AGX KYB with stock springs back again. I will disconnect front sway bar probably and will go Ice Racing.
lelikmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #89
s0ber_p
2.2L
 
Car: 95 Impreza L, with stuff.
Fav Mod: Custom dented fenders
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan Beach, Ca
Trader Rating: (4)
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelikmed View Post
2000 Impreza RS.
Before first RallyX I had stock suspension with only 15' Legacy wheels and 195/65/15 winter tires.
I did just like many people on this forum and went with AGX KYB with GC sleevs and 10' springs 225fr 200rr and STi GrN top hats.
At the end raised car by 1 inch.
What I noticed immediately that the car became worse!!! Yes worse.

I can only compare it to the stock set up and few test runs over some local dirty tarmac roads but the result were obvious.

Understeer and Understeer with little more oversteer on the exit (oversteer is good). The ride was jumpy and bouncy.
I went to RallyX and finished 4th overall on my first event.

Here is the thing. The stock spring on RS has smt lke 160fr 147 rr rates on the stock dampers. Now we replacing stock dampers with AGX KYB dampers - which are essentially designed as a stock replacement and designed to work with stock springs. By puting hard 225 and 200 spring we essentially isolated shocks from the suspension - this called -----
UNDER-DAMPING.
At the end it is like your car is riding on the hard spring with no shocks involved. It is raised all right, but suspension travel is decreased and it is essentials on the gravel.

Now I am going softer again with AGX KYB with stock springs back again. I will disconnect front sway bar probably and will go Ice Racing.
The main issue I see with the post here is about the AGX. The AGX are not designed to be stock replacements, they are more aggressively dampened. Also, you have the adjustments to try and fine tune the set up. Have you tried to run different dampening set-ups to alleviate the bouncy-ness?

Also, if you were doing testing on tarmac, even "dirty" tarmac roads, that is not going to translate, even remotely. My rally car understeers like a pig on tarmac when it is properly set up for gravel.
s0ber_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #90
lelikmed
1.8L
 
Car: 2000 2.5L RS Silver
Fav Mod: Open Light AWD Rally Car
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NY
Trader Rating: (5)
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ber_p View Post
The main issue I see with the post here is about the AGX. The AGX are not designed to be stock replacements, they are more aggressively dampened. Also, you have the adjustments to try and fine tune the set up. Have you tried to run different dampening set-ups to alleviate the bouncy-ness?

Also, if you were doing testing on tarmac, even "dirty" tarmac roads, that is not going to translate, even remotely. My rally car understeers like a pig on tarmac when it is properly set up for gravel.
Yes , I tried soft and hard setting front and rear , but the lack of damper travel and "bouncy-ness" is apparent still. I think it's just AGX and 225 springs are not a good pair at all. I should've just bought Forster or Outback spring. I still have my stock springs, so I will try them with AGX.
lelikmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2019 VerticalScope Inc.
Designed & Powered by Domain Architect