Rally X setups - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > > >
Rally X setups

Old 06-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #71
rossl
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)

'98 Outback Sport.
stripped interior
RS shifter and air intake
everything else it pretty much stock for now

Had to put some carpet down because they said the wiring had to be covered up to pass safety

rossl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #72
Lifeisgood
2.2L

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemailhot View Post
the 10" ground-control coilover springs could be set at stock ride height or up to an inch above stock ride height. If you want to lower the car, or don't intend to go above stock height, get 9" springs.

Here they are with the spring perches cut off, and the "ground control" coilover springs on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are stock RS Struts and Top Mounts with Ground Control Coilover Sleves and the stock spring perch cut off?

How long do the stock struts last with the higher spring rates?
Lifeisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #73
renegadewrx
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: Dom 1.5XTR & Brembos
Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisgood View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are stock RS Struts and Top Mounts with Ground Control Coilover Sleves and the stock spring perch cut off?

How long do the stock struts last with the higher spring rates?
If you read these are the KYB AGX struts you can use stock top hats and keep the lower spring perch if you really want to. I used these and loved the DD ride and how they handle in Rally X and Auto X. I used the 225/200 spring rates.

Last edited by renegadewrx; 10-13-2011 at 07:15 PM..
renegadewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #74
Lifeisgood
2.2L

Trader Rating: (2)

Great thanks for the info. :-)
Lifeisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #75
Wideopen411
2.5L

Fav Mod: clear windshiled
Trader Rating: (1)

Hey guys where do you rally in cal city. I bought a house there about 5 months back but I never really explored yet
Wideopen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #76
Krud
2.5L

Fav Mod: 20% 3M Tint
Trader Rating: (13)

Hey, being new to rally-cross, I just bought an RS to dedicate to rally-x. Its been gutted and work is being done to it, but the tires i have now have cracks in the side wall from sitting by the last owner.

It is on stock 6 spokes right now, and I am looking for the best choice(s) for rally tires that will fit on these wheels. I did some searching, but it looks like everyone is using aftermarket wheels and tires, but the car needs more work before we can put money towards a new set of wheels at this point.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #77
Rally-Fast
The Dash Flocker!

Fav Mod: Rally School
Trader Rating: (20)

there are no gravel tires made in 16" size period. get a set of snow tires and run stock class if you want to stick with 16" stock wheels.

otherwise, get a set of cheap legacy 5-spokes and a set of used rally tires. I used to find sets of the 15" wheels for 100-200, and volunteer to crew for rally teams in exchange for used gravel tires.

specialstage.com classifieds is your friend
Old 05-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #78
aesthetect
the hard way

Fav Mod: jackstands+barn
Trader Rating: (5)

suspension: prodrive/bilstein WR, 20mm rear sway bar, stock front, noltec camber/caster plates, replaced most all bushings
brakes: 11.4" wrx front rotors, stainless steel lines, hawk HPS pads
tires: was running continental all seasons, just got some blizzaks
engine: delta 1000 cams, uel headers
i have a primitive racing skidguard but havent really found the need for it yet just doing rallyx...

been pleased as punch with the way the prodrive WR setup handles on the dirt. also cool to see yall are running 225/200 spring rates as thats exactly what i had planned for the ground controls, or whatever i try if i move away from the original WR springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadewrx View Post
On their website the 9" is a -2" to stock ride height. The 10" which is what I used is a +1" to -1" ride height. You don't need to cut the lower spring perch although some people do, like myself. If you ever wanted to switch to a more stock style spring then you would want to keep the lower perch.
i wasnt aware you could mount GC's without cutting the spring perch - im real interested in this, ive been wanting to run them but didnt want to cut up my struts. do they just sit up higher? should i get a lower (<9") spring? it occurs to me i dont even really know how they go on

Last edited by aesthetect; 05-30-2012 at 12:28 AM..
aesthetect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #79
renegadewrx
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: Dom 1.5XTR & Brembos
Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetect View Post

suspension: prodrive/bilstein WR, 20mm rear sway bar, stock front, noltec camber/caster plates, replaced most all bushings
brakes: 11.4" wrx front rotors, stainless steel lines, hawk HPS pads
tires: was running continental all seasons, just got some blizzaks
engine: delta 1000 cams, uel headers
i have a primitive racing skidguard but havent really found the need for it yet just doing rallyx...

been pleased as punch with the way the prodrive WR setup handles on the dirt. also cool to see yall are running 225/200 spring rates as thats exactly what i had planned for the ground controls, or whatever i try if i move away from the original WR springs

i wasnt aware you could mount GC's without cutting the spring perch - im real interested in this, ive been wanting to run them but didnt want to cut up my struts. do they just sit up higher? should i get a lower (<9") spring? it occurs to me i dont even really know how they go on
Only thing the lower perch will do is keep the GC coil's lower perch from making the car go lower. Unless you use a shorter coil like the 8" or 9".

I'm not 100% on this since I did cut the lower perch off my KYB AGXs.
renegadewrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #80
aesthetect
the hard way

Fav Mod: jackstands+barn
Trader Rating: (5)

yeah after finally finding some pictures (thanks aquacow) looks like the main thing is itll be a total pain in the ass to reach in there for height adjustment, but id imagine the original spring perches are mostly out of the way of the GC perches, and looks like the GC sleeve would still settle/rest at the same point
aesthetect is offline   Reply With Quote