I went to a muffler shop today, and when they went to test fit the 07 STI catback on my 98 RS, they said that the flanges wont bolt up because the STI flange was too big and wide.
Also, the gap between the cat and the midpipe is at little more than an inch, so they couldn't weld two flanges together like the op did. Are all RS cats the same length from 98 to 01? And are all sti catbacks the same from 04 to 07?
havent had a response in a few months on when or if these will be available, so after doing a bit of searching, this is what i have found.
this might be a bit different for your own application, but this is what worked for mine.
97 outback sport with stock cat-back removed.
- stock exhaust removed and cut the remaining few inches from the front exhaust flange.
- ordered a 2 1/2" exhaust flange from online *can be found for under $20*
- take car with WRX exhaust and old "cut" flange with new 2 1/2" flange to exhaust shop.
- let them install the WRX exhaust and bolt in / and align old flange and new one.
- they weld the flanges together
drive away happy!
around $20 + what the exhaust shop will charge *usually under $30* and drive down the road.