fan belt making buzzing noise in 2013 Impreza - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
fan belt making buzzing noise in 2013 Impreza

Old 07-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
stripes
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)
Default fan belt making buzzing noise in 2013 Impreza

... what the subject line says. I'm getting a not-very-loud buzzing or whirring sound whenever the fan is in use (turn off the fan and there's no buzz). It's intermittent - sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I have the car booked with a Subaru dealer but it can't be seen for a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if there's something I should be doing in the meantime to make sure the car doesn't explode. Any advice is welcome.
stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: turrrrrbbbbooooo
Trader Rating: (0)

I'm going to guess you're talking about the interior fan. Either the motor on the fan is going out, or there is some debris stuck in there. You can check the debris part fairly easily yourself. Empty the glove box, pop the retention rod on the right hand side off, squeeze the sides of the glove box, which can be difficult but don't worry about using too much force, you can't deform it, and it should come out pivoting slightly on the lower hinges. cabin filter is right there with four little tabs, give them both a pinch and that sucker slides right out. You'll be looking directly at the fan cage once its out so you can see if any thing is stuck in there.