2015 Subaru WRX Complete Unveiling [VIDEO] - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
2015 Subaru WRX Complete Unveiling [VIDEO]

Old 11-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
username83
2.7L

Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
I don't know what everyone is bitching about

You'll hate it now, but in 6 months, a year, you'll love it.

Think back to 2005 when the 2006 came out. Same with the 2008 model. Blah barf, everyone hates it, then everyone likes it.

Personally, I think it looks good. Aggressive headlights, fog lights, angled vents/openings in the front. I think the front looks great. The sides do look a little bland, but a WRX is based on the Impreza still... a 4 door sedan with a turbo. The rear also looks decently aggressive with the quad tips and diffuser.

My only two grips are the wheels and side mirrors. I think the mirros look more lick truck or SUV mirrors... they need to be closer to the body and concealed. Looks like a beagle with it's ears up. I like the wheel color, but not the arrangement of spokes.

Overall, I like it.

I don't like it, just like I still don't like the 06/07 or the 08+. I'm not one who warms up to ugly designs. They still remain ugly no matter how many times I see them.
username83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
00rs-jshol
3.3L

Fav Mod: Dual Cup Holder
Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatironsTuning.com View Post
Don't be too excited. The 6 speed is based on the 5 speed. Not nearly the strength of the STi unit. Think LGT Spec B box.

I think it is funny how many people are complaining it looks nothing like the concept. The same general lines, shapes, and elements are in the production car as the concept. The issues with the concept is there is no way to fit the current driveline in that car, in a dimensional sense and there is no head room in the cabin. Personally, I think they did a good job of taking the ideas of the concept and creating an easy to produce production model. At the end of the day, they sell more cars to the general public, and not to your "hardcore" enthusiasts.

My point is selling cars to the general public is for the Impreza line.....option out an Impreza for the "general public". The as you call the "hardcore" enthusiasts would appreciate a more aggressive car in the WRX and STI as that is the car they are after. I had hoped that was the whole point of the split line. The other point of the driveline not fitting is valid and I understand they would need to change the concept somewhat to get it to fit (headroom, visibility, etc all need improved) but that drastically? I don't think so. The production car looks like a turd in comparison to the concept.
00rs-jshol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #13
FlatironsTuning.com
3.3L

Trader Rating: (14)

So the general public should be stuck with the base Impreza model? And not have the option of the more powerful, better handling WRX? That would be sales suicide.
FlatironsTuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
FlatironsTuning.com
3.3L

Trader Rating: (14)

Looks aside, I am very excited to see the true performance of the car. There are a plethora of upgrades Subaru has rolled out with this car. Newish engine platform, Axle forward tech, new suspension design, etc.
FlatironsTuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
ThatGuy
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Six Cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00rs-jshol View Post
It looks like soft doo doo........ why change from the aggressive concept? You split the line....it's now Impreza AND WRX/WRX STI. Make that crap aggressive. Did they learn nothing from the BRZ which sold like crack rock in the Bronx? Not to mention being critically acclaimed by just about everyone. Aggressive sporty looks can work.....Stop with this make it look like an S model Corolla with a hood scoop and give me this VVVVVVVV without the yellow accents.....end rant

After seeing this in person at the Frankfurt auto show, I've got to say, at some angles, it looked really tremendous, some of the angles just looked good. But for the price range of these cars it still looked really impressive. I guess too much so. The only think that I couldn't stand was the stupid neon-green (they're not yellow, it's even worse...it's like a terrible highlighter neon), and the insane amount of metallic flake in the paint. I'm really glad those are gone, but the revealed model almost reminds me of an economy M5, The sides are so bland, bland enough for me to actually notice the side of the car. Missing so much polish. It just looks like a step back from the current car. Maybe they're just cutting costs or outsourcing the body to countries with cheaper tooling. : /
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
00rs-jshol
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatironsTuning.com View Post
So the general public should be stuck with the base Impreza model? And not have the option of the more powerful, better handling WRX? That would be sales suicide.
We have very different opinions of the general public I think....... To me yes, that's what they should be limited to. A true sales move I think on the part of Subaru would be to offer an Impreza Limited or Impreza T....I don't give a **** what they call it. It could have a turbo and somewhere in the 240-250 HP/TQ numbers to compete with some of the V6 sedans out there. A lot of people simply do not care about handling and just want a little more highway passing power than a normal Impreza.

On top of that they then still have the more aggressive WRX/STI line with better handling and even more power. Please the Impreza crowd with a more powerful option and then still have the "new" WRX lineup.

Basically the point I am raising for all of this is why seperate the Impreza and WRX lines entirely if this is the product they produce......It looks much more "Impreza" than a new more aggressive focused line like I had hoped.

Last edited by 00rs-jshol; 11-21-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Old 11-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #17
krotch
I kill threads!

Car: Impreza Turbo 2000
Fav Mod: coils!
Trader Rating: (9)

Old 11-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
chico_kj_23
2.2L

Fav Mod: turbo back exhaust
Trader Rating: (1)

To me it looks more like a mini-legacy gt than a wrx. I agree with many of you, If they really wanted to distinguish this model from the impreza. they should have leaned more on the concept car looks. I don't hate it, per say, but I am disappointed.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
00rs-jshol
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_kj_23 View Post
To me it looks more like a mini-legacy gt than a wrx. I agree with many of you, If they really wanted to distinguish this model from the impreza. they should have leaned more on the concept car looks. I don't hate it, per say, but I am disappointed.
Exactly.....I truly don't "hate" it, but it's not distinguishable. That lowered photoshop looks much better too.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
subiwag
2.0L Turbo

Trader Rating: (12)

6 speed standard in the wrx is pretty cool. i like front end but the rest is pretty ho hum. i want to see what the hatch will look like.