Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

FL members

18K views 91 replies 58 participants last post by  ZippingBeef 
#1 ·
I just joined this site a few days ago. I was wondering if anyone else here is from FL.

#3 ·
well I'm real close to tampa and I've seen one or two running around here locally. One was modded. Just wondering if they knew about this site or not.

#4 ·
Not too sure. There used to be a ton of RS owners in Tampa that I knew, but now I think I can count them on one hand!

You may want to hop over to www.nasioc.com and post in the southeast forum. There's about 900 times more traffic and most of the Tampa members are there. I'm also trying to plan a Labor Day meet on Sunday or Monday in Tampa or Orlando.

#11 ·
WhiteGhost2.5 said:
Looking for RS people up here in the tampa area. Is there a place everyone mets or hangout at?
We have Tampa dinner meets on the first Friday of every month, next one will be on May 7th. Keep checking This FORUM for more details. A thread about it usually get started about a week before the dinner.

Meets are open to any Subaru owner/enthusiast.

#13 ·
from tampa as well... i'm interested in driving around town cruising everywhere... kinda like how a bunch of wrx's did in ft. laudy some time ago. anyone game for that? not necessarily street racing... but just cruising yada yada... going to meets... looking like a gang, but not really a gang.

oh yeah, i'm in bradenton every now and then... my gf's family has a restaurant up there. close to 41 and 70. alrighty then... peace...

--chad--rs.t
www.jadecrew.com

#20 ·
:bump: Wow, this thread was started 5 years ago!

I'm a pretty recent 2.5RS owner in Tampa, just got my car in October of this year! Couldn't be any happier with my car :). I made a sightings thread for the Southeast Region, but I could've just looked for this thread...

I didn't know Tampa was a pretty busy locale for RS owners. I've seen a bunch of WRX's around here, like a black modded bugeye whose owner attends USF, and some STI's too (one dude works at Cycle Gear, oh sh!! I forgot to drop by after I bought my car to show him!). But I've only seen maybe 3 RS's in this area in the whole 2 years and change I've been here, and only once a piece.

#23 ·
I've seen a bunch of WRX's around here, like a black modded bugeye whose owner attends USF, and some STI's too (one dude works at Cycle Gear, oh sh!! I forgot to drop by after I bought my car to show him!). But I've only seen maybe 3 RS's in this area in the whole 2 years and change I've been here, and only once a piece.
I think I've seen that black bugeye at USF too...at the psych building parking lot?

I'm also in the Tampa area (go to USF, live in Lutz) and generally commute around the BB Downs/Fletcher/Bearss area. I've got a White '99 L so if you see me give me a wave!

There's also a big meet coming up on Jan. 10, so be sure to try and come. Link here: http://forums.floridasubarus.com/showthread.php?t=3308

#25 ·
Matt N. - Argh, I totally forgot about that meet, but I think I had plans on that day. I wonder if there's anything else going on soon? But I'll definitely wave if I see you on campus!

94_wrx_mike - Yeah, this thread's a little old lol. I'm originally from Jacksonville, but I'm attending USF right now. I'll prob be back over the summer, so I'd be down to do something then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.