Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Gasp.. An Evo build thread journal on a suby forum...

7K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  George.of.the.Jungle 
#1 ·
No death threats fellas please....:noes:

So, someone in a bmw thought they would run into my K24 swapped EG civic hatch last month...
Caused $4500 worth of damage and the insurance company decided to pay me to fix it versus totaling it out. They valued my car with all the extensive mods at $9500. So they didnt wanna total it out. The damage actually wasnt that bad but there was frame damage. Took the insurance check and sold the car as is for an additional $5500.
Im very busy nowadays with full time school and part time work, so another full blown project (ie. Building an awd Evo 5 clone from a completely stock automatic 5G mirage sedan was not gonna happen).
im by no means scared to partake in such a project as I built plenty of cars from scratch including a 2jz swapped S14 along with plenty of hondas and my k24 swapped civic.
Thats when I stumbled across this....
negotiated a price we were both happy with and she is now on her way as we speak....

The Awd floor pan is installed, its already wired for a evo 4-8 4g63, rhd conversion is done, rear end xomponents and full suspension is done, brembos are on, even has a evo 8 ecu with an agressive stock evo 9 turbo on evo 8 motor map on it ready to fire up. All body pieces are OEM Evo 5.
What it does need is the full 4g63t swap, some interior work, fuel system redid (previous owner had fuel cell), and a bit of body work and paint.
Plan on grabbing an evo 7 swap next week. Evo 9 turbo is also in the mail. Car comes with evo 8 rear seats but had stock mirage front seats. I came across a set of evo 8 fronts for a good price. Best thing about the seats is they were located 30 min where the actual car was. So guy selling the seats dropped seats off to previous owner of car and he temporarily bolted them in for me so I dont have to pay for shipping!

More updates to come....

More pics of my new baby...
Has evo 8 enkeis though and not the MR BBS wheels in these pics

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks guys, im super excited! The previous work done to the car looks pretty good. Body has a few blemishes that will need addressed. Im just a perfectionist, so eventually they will get done.
plans are to max an evo 9 turbo on the car with bolt ons and E85. Block will be stock and will open up the head with a nice set of semi agressive 272cams. Looking for 400-450whp. The evo 5 swap I just picked up will be swapped in shortly.

#18 ·
Funny I was looking into this car off of evolutionm but the owner was incredibly slow to respond to me. I ended up with another car by the time he contacted me. SOOO much potential here, and yes the hard part is done- If I remember correctly, the previous owner had a huge turbo on a built 4G63 and pulled the motor for another build. Good luck sir, I look forward to the progress!

#19 ·
In order to reach my power goals with the stock EVO 9 snail, I will be needing to do more than just bolt ons. I will be doing GSC stage 2 cams (274 intake/272 exhaust), HKS cam gears, GSC beehive springs and retainers, ported stock manifolds (both intake and exhaust), ported turbo exhaust housing, 1200cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, E85 fuel tune.
So, looks like it will indeed be another project, just not as extensive as my RS. Anyways, received a few things in the mail today.

HKS cam gears...

Couldnt resist and pulled the trigger on an OEM Evo 7 valve cover, love how it has evolution embossed on the cover...

#20 · (Edited)
That valve cover looks boss man. If I didn't love Subaru so much and had more money, if love to have an evo. The 4G63 is a great platform (just have to watch for crank walk) and make great power with just bolt ons. Good luck with the project! Subbed fo sho!

EDIT: idk if they make evo injectors, but look at injector dynamics. They make some great injectors (possibly one of the best on the market).

#24 ·
Noticed I didnt even post a pic with the motor in...

just sitting in there, not wired up. Just mocked it in there to make sure everything lined up good. Pulling the motor back out to get the bay painted. Also gonna pull off the head and take it to the machine shop to get a valve job, new valve guides and seals installed, GSC dual valve springs and retainers (just ordered today), and GSC cams installed.

#30 ·
GSC Beehive springs and titanium retainers finally came in today..

Was gonna go ahead and order my complete fuel setup, when I came across these...

Evo 8/9 MR BBS wheels in really good shape. Some minor rash on them, but thats to be expected. Going to get them powdercoated Volk Mag blue.

#31 ·
So thought I had all the components for my head, but decided at the last minute to pick up a set of the gsc no lift tickers to keep the valvetrain as quiet as possible. Also ordered a fuel injector clinic fuel rail and their 1250cc injectors. Got a good deal on a ported evo 8 intake manifold and 65mm throttle body on ebay. The lifters and fuel rail came in today...

The fuel rail is really nice and the price was cheaper than the competitions. Also included two -6an fittings for each side! The competition does not include these fittings and is more expensive...
Go figure.... the anodized matte blue finish looks great also!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.