Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Pow-pow-power Wheels!

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  George.of.the.Jungle 
#1 ·
This car used to be my wife's when she was a kid so it's kinda banged up already. Her mom has a basement full of all her old kid stuff and she brought a bunch of it over for our 2 year old. The plan is to get it running first so my daughter can play with it and learn how to drive.

The batteries were from 1988 so they were deader than dead and are getting replaced. Originally it was to run on a single 6 volt battery but I'm gonna use 2 12 volt batteries in parallel. I tested the motors on a spare battery I had and they run fine, the gears are noisy as hell but everything works with power.

The windscreen was cracked and jagged so I took it off and threw it away, regretting that now though. I thought I would be able to find a used one on ebay or something but these Corvettes are proving to be pretty rare. I'm starting to consider making one or getting a universal motorcycle one that can be cut down to size.

Also, many of the stickers are missing or torn and I want to find a decal sheet for it. Starting to think that it's gonna be impossible to find any original parts for this thing so I have been thinking of just painting the tail lights etc. and finding real corvette emblems

See less See more
#3 ·
Phase II is going to be huge motors, huger batteries and upgrade wiring. Already looking at how all the shit would fit in there and there's not a whole lot of room in there. I don't want to destroy the thing, shit is 1990's vintage. Open to any suggestions though...

#5 · (Edited)
The motors I'm looking at now are the only brushless setup on electricscooterparts.com and they're 1/2 hp each. Best part is they will totally fit with almost no cutting of the body. There's one that turns clockwise and another that turns counter-clockwise making this the best choice possible.
Mac 24 Volt 400 Watt Brushless Motor Wiring Manual from ElectricScooterParts.com
Kollmorgan Motor Wiring Guide and Parts Compatibility - ElectricScooterParts.com

I found some cheap 2" trailer lights at autozone for the brake lights and a sheet of cut-your-own replacement mirror. Also bidding on some C4 corvette emblems on ebay to replace the sticker on the hood that somebody put on upside down :unamused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.