GC8 Coupe Harness Bar Fitment 2019 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
GC8 Coupe Harness Bar Fitment 2019

Old 06-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
cpark1979
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)
Default GC8 Coupe Harness Bar Fitment 2019

Hi all - my first thread on this forum is a question about harness bars...

My Car: 1998 Coupe

First off: I've literally read every thread on this site (along with some other forums), to find more info about this topic. Seems like they sorta ended a few years ago...and I'm now at a dead end. If anyone can help with the below, that would be great:

Comment 1: I've read that the "sparco harness bar thats for a 2008-2012 WRX" should fit. Confirmed by this thread and photos: Sparco harness bar from 08+ impreza fits gc coupe.

Q: I can't find this product anymore online. I've tried a few famous sites and inquired a bit, but still no luck. Anybody got info on where this is still in stock? I would be happy with a used one as well. Or alternatively, maybe there is another sparco bar that has a different part #, and made for newer model WRX's, but is exactly the same.

Comment 2: I've also read that this company called Rally Innovations "used to" sell a bar that mounts to the top-rear lid area. This is no longer for sale though. More info on this thread: Rare Rally Innovations GC Harness Bar

Q: Anyone have a used one? Or know who might have this in stock other than Rallyinnovation?

Comment 3: NRG/EBAY/XYZ Bars

Q: Anybody have any luck with buying one of these universal bars and making it fit without TONS of customization? I think I've read several times that we need to start with a 49inch bar as a base and work magic from there.

Comment 4: In case you were curious, I already have a buddy who makes cages/bars...I just wanted that to be a last resort.

Q: But if you have a person who made one already for the coupe, and willing to make another - definitely let me know. Send me their info please? Thanks.

Last Q: I wonder if anyone is aware of new companies/users who have bars in their cars and haven't shared the info yet. For example: it seems like a long time passed since this topic was trending on here, so I figured there might have been some progress.

PS: Thanks everyone ahead of time.

Last edited by cpark1979; 06-27-2019 at 08:36 AM..
cpark1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
cpark1979
1.8L

Self update - this youtuber posted this video of a Sparco GD harness bar, fitting correctly into a GC.

GD harness bar into GC/GM - YouTube

So - from the limited knowledge I've found on the net, it looks like sparco has 2 bars (now discontinued) that will work with our GC's. If I had to guess right though...either someone is mistaken (The forum poster or youtuber) OR...sparco just sells the same bar and slaps on 2 different part #s. But essentially it's the same bar. So, these bars should fit:

02-07 GD (sedan) bar
08-12 WRX/STI bar (which model? sedan or hatchback???)
Old 07-03-2019, 11:54 AM   #3
Raszaron
1.8L

Car: 2000 2.5RS Coupe, Blue
Fav Mod: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpark1979 View Post
Self update - this youtuber posted this video of a Sparco GD harness bar, fitting correctly into a GC.

GD harness bar into GC/GM - YouTube

So - from the limited knowledge I've found on the net, it looks like sparco has 2 bars (now discontinued) that will work with our GC's. If I had to guess right though...either someone is mistaken (The forum poster or youtuber) OR...sparco just sells the same bar and slaps on 2 different part #s. But essentially it's the same bar. So, these bars should fit:

02-07 GD (sedan) bar
08-12 WRX/STI bar (which model? sedan or hatchback???)

I bought and fitted the Braum Harness Bar into my 2000 2.5RS coupe. I purchased it through Evasive Motorsports.

Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Braum Racing 48-51" Universal Racing Harness Bar Kit - Red Gloss

Raszaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
181stLeader
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Aerosim Carbon Widebody
Trader Rating: (14)

The Autopower roll bar works great as a harness bar and offers some roll over protection. That is what I have my 6 pt harness mounted to.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #5
noTe
Part Deux

Fav Mod: AP Racing brakes
Trader Rating: (11)

Don’t use a harness bar.., just get a cage. If you are ever T boned, you are screwed.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #6
cpark1979
1.8L

ah...all good update and thanks for the replies guys. I was starting to lose faith...

@Raszaron: thanks for this man. Super appreciate it.
@181stLeader: good tip on the cage. Will keep for record

-Chi
Old 07-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #7
Raszaron
1.8L

Quote:
ah...all good update and thanks for the replies guys. I was starting to lose faith...

@Raszaron: thanks for this man. Super appreciate it.
@181stLeader: good tip on the cage. Will keep for record

-Chi
No problem, and if you are using your car as a daily driver, don't put a cage in it... unless you're going to be wearing a helmet every where you go. If you are in an accident you run the risk of smacking your head against it.

A harness bar is perfectly fine for most auto use applications. The only time you'd be in trouble if T-boned is if you completely gut the doors on your car and remove the crash bars that are inside the doors.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #8
cpark1979
1.8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszaron View Post
No problem, and if you are using your car as a daily driver, don't put a cage in it... unless you're going to be wearing a helmet every where you go. If you are in an accident you run the risk of smacking your head against it.

A harness bar is perfectly fine for most auto use applications. The only time you'd be in trouble if T-boned is if you completely gut the doors on your car and remove the crash bars that are inside the doors.

Thanks.

Yeah I'm aware of cages...I used to have one decades ago in my old S13 Convertible drift car...I did daily that car and was pretty young and stupid back then.

As for the harness bar, I'm still on the fence and just waiting for someone to sell their setup. I don't have an urgent need at the moment.

BTW RAZ, just for record: the BRAUM bar you bought...it was for a GD. Correct?

Last edited by cpark1979; 07-06-2019 at 06:57 PM..
Old 07-08-2019, 06:12 AM   #9
Raszaron
1.8L

Quote:
Thanks.

Yeah I'm aware of cages...I used to have one decades ago in my old S13 Convertible drift car...I did daily that car and was pretty young and stupid back then.

As for the harness bar, I'm still on the fence and just waiting for someone to sell their setup. I don't have an urgent need at the moment.

BTW RAZ, just for record: the BRAUM bar you bought...it was for a GD. Correct?
It was just a universal bar... it fits in a lot of vehicles. It took a few minutes to put in and it is pretty solid!

48-51" Universal Harness Bar | BRAUM Racing