Version 7 seats and the height adjustment. - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Version 7 seats and the height adjustment.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #1
STLGC8
2.0L

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Version 7 seats and the height adjustment.

I recently purchased a set of mint condition Ver 7 seats and I have done some research about mounting them but one question remains that I can't find the solution for. I know I need to swap rails with my current seats and that's not the issue. I want to have the adjustable seat height for the drivers side. Do I need to buy a 2002-03 wrx drivers seat and swap the JDM passenger seat bottom and back onto the wrx drivers seat?

I'm new to all of this and if there's a thread someone can link me to that would be great. I found the one for the Ver 8 seats but that didn't help.
STLGC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
Ry
2.2L

Trader Rating: (19)

I'm assuming the Ver 7 and ver 6 have the same mounting base plate. What i did with my ver 6 seats was I bought the seat rails off of a 2000 forester because it has a 2 knob adjustable seat on the drivers side and you can combine it with either the stock RS rails or the JDM one. Let me know if you need help. Its pretty straight forward once you have both of the rails next to each other which parts your supposed to replace.
Ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
mcwc
1.8L

Car: 1999 Impreza RSTi
Fav Mod: Q-Rack
Trader Rating: (0)

I have V7 JDM STi seats in my 1999 Impreza 2.5RS coupe.

Some notes from when I did the seat rail swap as I needed my passenger seat to slide forward for the rear passenger. Please note that I did this over 5 years ago...

• The JDM driver seat bottom is swapped on a 2002-2003 WRX driver seat bottom frame & rails
  • The JDM passenger seat bottom is swapped onto a GC 2.5RS coupe passenger seat bottom frame & rails
  • As for the seat backs, I can't remember if I swapped the driver and passenger sides but they bolted directly to the bottom frame
  • You will have to trim the fabric on the left side of the JDM driver seat bottom to clear the LHD height adjustment controls. The right side of the JDM driver seat bottom will have the metal frame exposed as the fabric was trimmed at the factory for RHD seat adjustment controls.
mcwc is offline   Reply With Quote