Airbags and Airbag Modifications - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Airbags and Airbag Modifications

Old 07-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #71
TCSubaruDrift13
3.3L

Fav Mod: STi Swap
Trader Rating: (2)

I dont think a clear answer was ever given, so here is my question. Again...

2006-2007 STI swap into a GC8 chassis. Will the airbags work.. if you use all the wiring/ airbag system from the STi?
I understand the dash is much diffrent from the GC8 given the drivers high, seat, ect. Would it be safer to keep the GC8 dash or not?
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #72
wilkinru
2.7L

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSubaruDrift13 View Post
I dont think a clear answer was ever given, so here is my question. Again...

2006-2007 STI swap into a GC8 chassis. Will the airbags work.. if you use all the wiring/ airbag system from the STi?
I understand the dash is much diffrent from the GC8 given the drivers high, seat, ect. Would it be safer to keep the GC8 dash or not?

I've been pondering this also.

I swapped a 04 WRX into my rs. I don't think the side airbag is feasible. What it comes down to is the drivers side and the pass side front bags.

I've disabled all of them on my car and have kept it that way for a while now but I'm tempted to get it up and going again. I plan to use the WRX system - the whole thing - sensors, computer, etc. I want to get the drivers and pass side air bags going with just the front sensors.

I realized after I swapped I forgot about the airbag sensors. I bought one off of ebay...see if I can at least turn off the fucking dash light
wilkinru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #73
subaru13
1.8L

Fav Mod: RS25 bottle opener
Trader Rating: (0)

So I read thru most of this forum and still have questions, My airbag light is usually on but sometimes it goes off... It sounded like it is supposed to stay on until cleared by a dealership but mines going on and off by its self. The car is a 1999 2.5rs with a 2004 wrx swap. I would like to get the airbags working and get the light to stay out... Would a dealership even want to attempt to work on this and if so is it gonna cost a fortune to diagnose? Its been this way as long as I have owned the car... I didnt do the swap. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #74
ChanceSkeleton
2.2L

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS SRP

So I'm still not sure... swapping in a GD steering wheel into a GC is still safe? Or completely unsafe? I dislike the GC wheel, but not enough to sacrifice my safety for aesthetics on a DD.
ChanceSkeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #75
JWalker
Free!

Fav Mod: SunRoofDelete
Trader Rating: (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Imprezadent View Post
ok, well a kid died a few years back because insted of splitting the cover shattered a cut his neck open. Emblem, too. Although, id like having URABUS imprinted in my skull.
I did that with my trunk badging when I 1st bought the car (in 2000) hahaha! Major flaming ensued on NASIOC shortly after posting my "DIY mod"
Old 05-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #76
RUSHTK
1.8L

Car: 2002 Impreza sedan RS Silver

There is so much info in this thread it's crazy! with your knowledge being as it is would you know where a thread might be about putting side airbags into a 02 rs and how to set up wrx seats so the side airbags work? I just bought my son a 02 rs2.5 and would like him wrapped in bags so mom can get off my a** about being safe. Thanks!
RUSHTK is offline   Reply With Quote