Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Photo Reference Thread for Impreza Seats

173K views 303 replies 102 participants last post by  rapmasterziggy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all. In reference to this thread, which is just one below this one right now, I thought it might be a cool idea to have a "reference" photo thread, with all of the variants of RS/WRX/STi seats, foreign and domestic. So, JDM, EDM/UKDM if they're any different, plus the USDM ones.

Please try to post good quality pics. :) Yeah "pic" threads should be in the Gallery, but this is more of a reference point than a "show off" thing. Once we get some posted, maybe I can edit them into this post in some kind of order. Something like that. Though I guess if you label it, for example, "JDM STi Ver.6" that'd be cool.

Thanks!
Chris

#200 · (Edited)
I figured they'd be from the UK, Aus, New Zealand, or maybe South Africa. I believe Hong Kong is also RHD.

I've never seen them in the UK before, but I also wasn't searching for one either. I owned a Legacy when I was in the UK.

Edit:

I got them with non-60/40 seats. Wish I had 60/40 seats.

#205 ·
if anyone has a wrx rear installed in the back of their 2.5rs coupe, would you mind slapping a picture or two up? mostly interested in the what that gap between the edge of the seat and the door car is (although i suppose there isn't a door there). you know what i'm saying.

#208 ·
I've got the back seat from an '06 WRX in my '98 RS. The only visible gap occurs where the back of the seat meets the rear shelf. (Where your speakers sit). You can only see it by standing outside, directly behind the car and you have to know it's there to find it. In 4 years running a swapped car no one has ever asked me about it. I'll try to snap a shot later.

#222 ·
I think the JDM/Euro seats are supportive but not comfortable. They're very stiff. But I never found the OEM 2.5RS seats to be great, either. Too wide, though the seats in my wife's '01 Outback could fit an elephant's butt. They're like benches!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

#224 ·
Long post ahead! lol

I wonder how much a difference do the USDM WRX seats make to normal Impreza seats, say the 99-01RS seats? I've seen the pics, but I mean in terms of support and comfort in daily and spirited driving. Never had a set. Looking for a set of seats in the near future that offer nice support but don't bite the wallet. (sadly not now, or I would've bought JDM Gary's v5 seats.... :( )

What do you guys think are the best bang for the buck for a good upgrade (WRX/STi seats, from which year?) from the RS seats?

I hear the USDM STi seats are uncomfortable for longer trips, is that true? What do people think of them? Friend who used to own one didn't like it, I like the suede.

Also, what rear seats (if all) have a tunnel that leads to the trunk? XC skier and need it like that.

The only good seat I've got to be in this year was this:

2013 BRZ seats that were great all over rough construction sites roads. Heard people likening them to JDM GC8 seats. Nice and low, hugs you like a mom post-graduation.

#225 ·
The 2002-2003 WRX seats were pretty popular. They had big leg and side bolsters, but non-integrated headrests. For 2004 they changed the seat to an integrated headrest, but the bolsters weren't as pronounced. The 2004+ ones *looked* sportier, but didn't hold most people in, as well.

The WRX seats have airbags in them, but it's not a big deal since you just don't plug in the harness. They do sit up taller though, unless you swap brackets and use the RS brackets.

I like your Mom graduation joke. :lol:

#226 ·
the 01 (im sure other year ones are the same too) LGT seats are pretty shweet, besides the color. there a great fabric, and comfy as hell and the full power everything is way cool!
my mom has them in her LGT and everytime i drive it i feel like im playing atari to adjust the thing! not so neat for her however when she needs to drive it again tho... she doesnt like atari i guss lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.