Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Va 2001 RS coupe fully swapped EJ207, 6 speed, brembo’s Price Drop $12,500

17K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  KAT_Ayanami 
#1 · (Edited)
Shared album - Shaun Lareau - Google Photos Up forsale is my 2001 2.5RS originally white but has been professionally painted ford pacific blue inside and out. it has had a bug eye dash swap along with an 07 center console and 2012 steering wheel with working radio controls.
Body has around 165,000 miles engine and cluster are at 68,000
Engine:
version 8 j207 with working AVCS open source tuned with Speed Density on a JDM ecu tune could use a little touching but runs great and strong. It has ARP2000 Headstuds, oem head gaskets, Brian Crower valve springs with titanium retainers along with a nice port and polish job and freshly lapped valves and fresh timing belt.
Has a TD06 20g with an invader up pipe and ported grimspeed manifold, a eBay special cat back with an additional resonator and a 4” turbo XS down pipe.
FMIC with custom charge pipes and Tial 50mm BOV, 3” agency power hard turbo inlet, Dw850 injectors but a set of ID1000’s are included just not installed, DW300lph fuel pump. Water meth with 5 gallon tank but not being used since not tuned for it. Also AEM eugo Wideband.

Suspension:
It has BC coilers, Full JDM 05 STI spec C suspension and crossmembers which consist of all aluminum control arms front and rear upgraded bushings, brembo’s wit stainless lines, 5x114.3 hubs, larger swayers. has 07 sit steering rack which is quick ratio and whiteline bushings. 08 STI wheels with almost new tires.

Transmission:
Has a Rare 05 JDM STI Forester 6 Speed which is similar to USDM legacy GT spec b. With the .707 6 gear which means on the high way at 80 mph you are at 2900 RPM’s Also is a viscous center diff and AP Suretrack front and rear locking differentials.. Custom short throw shifter with upgraded bushings and Exedy stage 1 organic clutch and oem flywheel with 1000 miles.

Body:
Started out as an almost rust free car any rust was sandblasted repaired with metal, epoxy primed prior to paint. Car harness is out of a bug eye and rear tail light harness and fuel pump harness was merged with it all connections are soldered and shrink wrapped. had new headlights and corner markers, the harness was also out of a wagon so has all the controls for the rear wipers just need the two wires ran from harness to wiper motor. The car was stripped to bare shell prior to paint and all wholes in fire wall were wedded up and body worked for dash swap. Whole car was also dyno Matted to make more enjoyable only added 18 pounds to car, if worried about it go on a diet.
The pink sued headliner is starting to sag.
Every thing functions as it should, power locks Key fob alarm, power windows sun roof ect. also has Genisis seats which fold up and slide forward to gain entry into back seat.

There are a bunch of little things I am missing that add up I have around 20k invested, in just parts it was fun but have a baby on the way and this baby won’t get the live it deserves. Shared album - Shaun Lareau - Google Photos Shared album - Shaun Lareau - Google Photoshttps://photos.app.goo.gl/9hH95KwuHeF8beLG7https://photos.app.goo.gl/u77N6bmH6SSMsn25A

Feel Free to text for more info, pictures and video. 774-289-3112 located in Portsmouth Va

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Is this in PA or around? And if so, are you the owner that has had that car for sale for about 2-3 years on craigslist? Or are you a new one?

Just asking because I had some deep conversations through eMail with that owner regarding the car and wanted to say "hi" if it was you. (or if it is the same car).

:)

#13 ·
Ikr? There are a couple more on the links provided.

But its not a problem with the ad, the car or the seller I think. Selling swapped cars is super difficult these days. The last RSTi I sold went for $11k with a full 04 drivetrain.

And then it was here for sale again for $14k, I believe, and took ages to sell as well (if it ever did. It was the white one with leather interior and the latest owner saying "how much work he did" when he didnt do crap).

Also, original JDM STis just became legal this year, so it will be even more complicated for swapped cars to sell.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.