Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My pain in the aspen- Still not done: 10 years edition!

572K views 7K replies 219 participants last post by  FXTrev 
#1 · (Edited)
Under constrution!

THE UPGRADES!

Engine:
Group N EJ20 W20C block
-Manley Pistons
-Manley rods
-Manley valves/springs/retainers
-ID850's
-Tomei Poncam's
-Garret GT3076R twin scroll

Transmission:
-STi RA short gear 6 Speed
-MAP dccd controller

Suspension:
-Ohlins road and track struts
-Rallitek F/R sway bars
-STI everything underneath

Interior:
-Flocked Dash
-Sparco wheel w/quick release
-Recaro Profi XL seats
-PSI3 Subaru engine data monitor
-LHD Airbag delete pocket
-Tilton 600 Pedal assembly
-Custom cage

Exterior:
-P1 Fog Kit/Covers
-EDM Headlight washers
-STI V6 aluminum hood/splitter
-Aeroguards
-Rear Spats
-V6 Rear Bumper
-V6 Wing
-V6 Lip

Chassis:
-Seam welded and braced

Future Plans:
-Paint
-Boost.

Recent photos:

The best post in this thread

Attachments

See less See more
#20 ·
1/24/09

I got good news, the cars done, but i have to leave back to ohio till Feb 6th (My b-day, WOOT!) so hes gonna drive it and if it blows again its on him :p

So hopefully he will drive it enough to love it, but wont drive it enough to give it back haha. Well see how it goes ill keep ya posted...

#21 ·
Hmm, been thinking, im currently pulling apart 255s and 205s and throwing together a franken motor, i still need all the peripherals though, including a turbo. Should i finish this or should i sell everything and get some other things done. What i have in mind is coilovers, pulled/rolled fenders, wider wheels and tires, aluminum arms etc etc. and im also going to foam a bit of the car, more on that later... Why are only 2 people reading this...cmon, everyone sleepin? lol

#24 ·
I vote suspension and save for a full built with specific purpose turbo later. Also you'll likely be done with school by the time that comes so you'll have a real enough job to pay for doing things right. You know you could also always go with a EZ in there. :devil:
-Gaddis

#26 ·
Dunno bout the EZ, but i still have the EG and the megasquirt lol. No turbo needed, but a think a 6spd would be in order...

ive always wanted a white rs. but i am deciding between that and SRP. this thread helps me haha
ONCE YOU GO WHITE, YOU NEVER GO BACK lol... Doo eeet.

#28 ·
Wait you have the eg33 in??

Or not?

Thats the swap Im saving for.(I think Im going to find a parts car, unless I can get a good deal on everything I would need for the swap)

#29 ·
I still have it, ive had a few bites but nothing solid. So it sits in my friends garage, along with a EJ255, EJ205, Legacy 4eat (sold) some misc parts, my engine stand and lift lol. I can do any swap i want at this point lol. The EG would be a kick ass motor for mountains, lots of torque all over... Dunno, well see what my money can get me, im trying to sell or trade my motors for suspension parts right now *wink wink*

#30 ·
I live in the mountains!!(canyon road)

I would probably be interested in buying the eg setup if your interested in selling in, and if you have everything needed for the swap.

#31 ·
Nah its just the motor and ECU. I have a megasquirt with both EG and EJ tunes and setups. I cant ship the engine so im most likely gonna keep it unless theres someone local, but i wouldnt mind throwing it in the car after i get the parts together...

Dunno, i just want to get the suspension and chassis work done first.

#32 ·
Fair enough!! Haha

So how much more power will the megasquirt give over the stock ecu on the eg?

man I want to swap, but I also want suspension stuff to get into autox in the summer

#34 ·
Fair enough!! Haha

So how much more power will the megasquirt give over the stock ecu on the eg?

man I want to swap, but I also want suspension stuff to get into autox in the summer
Eh, its around 230 crank with the stock ECU, im hoping around 250+ after a little playing around, im quite sure its capable of more, but im still learning on the megasquirt so im gonna play it safe if i go that route... I can tell you know its VERY uncharted territory using Megasquirt on subies, very few people. So its really hard to find tunes and air/fuel settings and points for these engines. The ignition is a bitch enough...

#36 ·
18g or even 20g would be a great turbo combined with the ej255. I know a guy who has an ej255 with an 18g, bigger intercooler, bigger injectors, turboback etc. the car put down around 285 whp and 300wtq on a mild tune. The thing hauls ass for sure, and shoots flames :D

#38 ·
18g or even 20g would be a great turbo combined with the ej255. I know a guy who has an ej255 with an 18g, bigger intercooler, bigger injectors, turboback etc. the car put down around 285 whp and 300wtq on a mild tune. The thing hauls ass for sure, and shoots flames :D
lol didnt see this post...

Im planning on leaning towards and EJ swap, but not now, i want the chassis done first. Ive been going over the options and pros and cons between the EG and EJ, and when it comes down to it, megasquirt on the EG just doesnt work, physicall it will, but theres 1 (one, uno, un) person that runs it and its in a fuckin porcshe...yeh, im thinking itll be easier and cheaper to save for a swap and have billy do it, dunno about an STI swap, but definately something. I gotta get rid of this shit to pay for the other parts, or build the 255/205 and scavange parts, harness, turbo etc etc... I dont know, im stuck between what i want to do..cant make up my mind.