SRP DD/Time Attack beefy flared sedan! - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
SRP DD/Time Attack beefy flared sedan!

Old 04-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
freeride
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: booost
Trader Rating: (3)
Default SRP DD/Time Attack beefy flared sedan!

Hello everyone!

My name is Paul, Live in Southern Ontario, Canada and this is the Journal of my 2000 Sedona Red Pearl 2.5rs. I am the 2nd owner of this car which I purchased in January 2005.

Some may know of my local club Toronto Subaru Club

Had to wait till I added a few more things this weekend so I could finally make this Journal. Love this site and the people are amazing and helpful. If it wasn't for this site I would probably have no balls to start modding my car and do the work myself. Only things I haven't done myself is the Painting, Clutch install and Head Gasket Repair. Everything else I have done myself and have enjoyed learning along the way!

The Journal:

Intro : This page
Mod List : Here
2005 : Here and Here
2006 : Here
2007 : Here
2008 : Here and Pics
The Boost RS-T setup : Here
New STI Block RSTI : Here
2011 Big Rubber and Flares : Here
Attached Thumbnails
SRP DD/Time Attack beefy flared sedan!-300139_10150320526980617_504625616_8084888_307241014_n.jpg  

Last edited by freeride; 02-21-2012 at 01:34 PM..
freeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
freeride
2.2L Turbo

Mod List as of Jan 1/12:

2000 Sedona Red Pearl sedan

Exterior:

- Ver 5/6 Front bumper
- Ver 5/6 Lip
- Ver 5/6 Wing with Break Light
- ver 5/6 Rear Spats
- Clear JDM Tail Lights
- Fog Covers
- Clear Corners
- Ebay 240 Fender Flares

Engine:

- Blitz Nur Spec R catback
- Subaru Turbo Header and up pipe
- ACT Street Pressure plate/clutch
- ACT streetlight Flywheel
- CX Racing FMIC
- VF39 Turbo
- HKS ssq
- Invidia Catless DP
- Ej205 built block Forged internals
- ARP head Studs
- Cometic Head Gasket
- Mishimoto Rad w/slim fans
- Misihimoto Oil Cooler

Suspension/Brakes:

- Megan coilovers
SPRING RATES:
F: 62mm ID; 200mm length; 8 kg/mm
R: 62mm ID; 220mm length; 6 kg/mm

DAMPER SPECS:
F: 120mm stroke; 280mm length; M2 valving code
R: 130mm stroke; 360mm length; M11 valving code

- Front Brembo
- H6 rears w/ Hawk Pads
- Power Slot Rotors
- SS lines
- Whiteline adjustable rear sway
- Whiteline End links
- Front STI CF strut bar

Rims/Tires:

- XXR 527's 17x9.75 + 25
- Dunlop Star Specs 17/45/265
- now Hankook RS3 17/255/40

Interior:

- Carbon Fiber Defi gauge pod
- Autometer Phantom Wideband, boost, and Oil Pressure gauges
- 04 wrx seats
- 4 point belts

Last edited by freeride; 03-05-2017 at 06:15 PM..
Old 04-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
freeride
2.2L Turbo

2005 Where it all started

Day one, fresh of the winter highway with a smile since that was my first taste of AWD.

Like most of you I wanted this car from day one when I was watching WRC and I had to go to the nearest dealership and see if I could afford one....and of course I couldn't.
So many years later after driving Moms Tempo "the high speed 5 speed" my friends named it, I bought a Ford Ranger to get me through University. After hating the winter in it and not being able to get up a hill I wanted to get a car.

I was leaning towards a brand new Mazda 3 until I saw the monthly payment and said screw it. What to do, what to do...then it hit me... WHY DON'T I GET THE CAR I WANTED FROM DAY ONE OF DRIVING.

Looked around saw a nice clean 2000 2.5RS at a local dealer ship..it was SRP..wasn't white like I wanted but there's not a lot of choice. One spin around the block and I bought it!

Let the Modding begin!

Took my Stereo system from my truck (new one since the old stuff got stolen, long story with bad alternator, towed to ford dealership, took out alt, battery unhooked, alarm off, late night brake in).

Alpine Subs and speakers for rear, Bostons for front with stock tweets.

Home made rear deck to fit speakers. New felt

The real modding, started with the Wing, not sure why but I just did..

Last edited by freeride; 04-06-2008 at 04:53 PM..
Old 04-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
freeride
2.2L Turbo

Then I saw this pic and the front looked bad IMO...time for US Bumper Skin!

Picked up the Bumper and lip at a Local dealer sale, bought the fog covers from Paul at Primitive and got all that painted along with the side skirts! Ebayed some Clear corners and side markers.

Last edited by freeride; 10-24-2009 at 01:18 PM..
Old 04-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
freeride
2.2L Turbo

JDM clears for the rears to match the clear fronts and sides.

Next after listening to wrx's and sti's burble away I needed that Boxer rumble. I didn't want the huge can look out the back so I went sutle and went to Cobb Tunings site and ordered a COBB Stage 1 which was basically there Cat back exhaust and a CAI. Put that on and loved the new sound, it wasn't a true boxerish sound but it gave the car some life on the back pressure.

Now at this point I was really getting into the car club and had saw what others had done and I really wanted boost. I didn't want to jump right into a boosted car with stock suspension and brakes. So I made myself a deal that I would look after those first and then look at a boost project.

Ordered some Megan Coilovers since they where a budget coilover and I could lower the car and get a nice look. Put them on and was loving the no roll over on the corners and the way it handled....sure its a lill harsh but its worth it.

Picked up some Spats from a club group buy to finish off the lower part of the car and was really loving the way the car looked.

The club then started getting some track days going and I really wanted to try that out for sure. Went there on stock tires and brakes and had a blast squeeling all the way!

That was 2006 Wrapped up!

Last edited by freeride; 06-27-2010 at 05:16 AM..
Old 04-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
freeride
2.2L Turbo

The 2007 Season of ahhhhh crap

Over the winter I installed this Carbon Fiber Gauge pod since I love the look of the defi pod. Tossed some Gauges in ..A/F..Oil Pressure, Volts. Yea some pointless gauges, but they fill the spot till Boost comes. I did get the volt one since I have problems before on my truck with Alternator and my sound systems.

Loving the track feeling of 2006 I had to do some more. Bought some rims rubber from a buddy to get some better grip at the track.

Went to the track, blasted a few laps went to the pits, stopped.....GUSH...coolant came blasting out from under the car. we jacked it up looked around and couldn't see where it had came from. Leak stopped. Went back out few more laps, came back...GUSH...same thing. Water pump had given out and blowing coolant out the weep hole. There goes that track day.

Took her slow home to make sure no major problems would happen.
Ordered a new pump, timing belt, tensioner and thermostat! Time to learn how to change this stuff. Got all the stuff a month later, had been driving the car the whole time with no problems or leaks, jacked it up in the garage ready to get to work and noticed that there was now coolant ALL OVER THE DRIVERS SIDE wheel and sprayed everywhere.

Yup you all know what that was. Magic Number of 145,000KM head gasket blow out!

Towed that sucker to a subie mechanic and got that all fixed up with Cometic HG. All happy again it was time to get back to that problem of my car not having that boxer sound. Saw a thread on this site about the Replica Borlas being good and cheap...<a href="https://www.rs25.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195">ebay</a> here I come. Picked up the Headers and wrapped them and tossed them on the car.

Sound clip:

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...wBrakes008.flv

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...wBrakes006.flv

That was what 2007 brought.

Last edited by freeride; 06-27-2010 at 05:19 AM..
Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
freeride
2.2L Turbo

The 2008 season of WOOOOHOOO:

During the winter Months I have at least 3 months off to do what ever, this "what ever" usually involves browsing this forum and ebay for parts. It was time to get some real rubber and rim and see what I can do about mushy brakes.

Also I was getting the slippage from the clutch so it was time to upgrade that any way for the boost to come project.

So for a month it was like christmas getting: Act clutch, Act HD pressure plate, ACT street lite flywheel, Brembos for the front, ss lines all around and then finding which Rims I could afford to fit over the new Brembos IF IF IF my old 17's didn't fit.

Test fit = my old thread in suspension/brakes forum on Brembo + rim = yea!

No go so I was on the hunt for rims. I was going to get the Rota Grids in Bronze, but since they don't make them anymore and it would take 2-4 months to get any to me.....I said screw it and Ordered some OZ's Ultraleggeras with some Falken 452's.

Got the Clutch goodies installed and felt a huge difference right away. Now with the Rims and tires here and the snow gone I bring you the updated and Super sexy SRP I love to drive everyday. Took the weekend to put the SS Lines on, Brakes Installed on the Front, had the wife help me bleed the brakes and washed this besat up today.

So here we go! Need to get better pics done by my friend with his dslr!

Last edited by freeride; 04-06-2008 at 04:58 PM..
Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
freeride
2.2L Turbo

So that's the updated pics!!

Here is my Garage after this weekend!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #9
freeride
2.2L Turbo

The Boost Project!!!! Stayed Tuned!!!!

Good way to learn So I am going this way for a bit.

Will include:

tdo4
Cx racing Fmic
JC sports up and down pipe
38mm tial wastegate @ 6psi
Emanage Ultimate
Possible Meth spray kit

Last edited by freeride; 03-11-2009 at 02:43 PM..
Old 04-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
freeride
2.2L Turbo

Track day pic Oct 5/08

Last edited by freeride; 10-13-2008 at 05:02 PM..