Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Nguyener's White Wagon (GF6)

573 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  nguyener2 
#1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to start a thread for my car build and store all my pics/info along the way. A little about me, I don't have much car knowledge but I love to learn and I learn by taking things apart and putting them back together. I spend a lot of time doing research and reading through forums and they're very helpful.

Past cars: '13 FR-S, I really enjoyed that car, I followed it when it was shown as an FT-86 and finally got one a year after they released. It had barely any power for a modern car but I enjoyed it because of its balance and lightweight. I drove the thing everywhere as I put about 70k in 3 years before it got traded in.

On to the project car: I really love how small and nimble cars used to be in the late 90s and really loved the look of the gc8/gf8s. I originally had my eyes on a blue/tan outback sport wagon that had immaculate interior. Had rust but it was not horrible. The guy never replied to me. So I continued to search. I stumbled on one a few hours away and in March '19 I purchased a USDM White '95 Impreza Wagon L for $500 with a clean title. My original plan was to put an EJ20k and JDM 5 speed in but the more I thought about it the less it made sense (also posted on here and a member asked me why I was going to go to an older wiring harness). I ended up going with a hybrid motor so I don't have to swap ECU/Wiring/Intake manifolds. I got an EJ257 shortblock for very cheap and an amazing deal on brand new built EJ205 cylinder heads. This is very early in the car build and will probably take a while to finish but here goes.

Mods on the car when I purchased it:

Exterior:
Rust free
Missing hood, front bumper, headlights
02 WRX 16" 5 spoke wheels

Interior:
02 WRX front seats
OEM 95 preface lift tan interior

Electrical:
02 WRX harness merged into 95 harness

Powertrain:
None

Drivetrain:
02 WRX driveshaft
02 WRX rear diff
02 WRX knuckles
02 WRX hubs

Suspension:
GF8/GC8 JDM STI front strut tower bar
GF8 Cusco rear strut tower bar
Spec-D Tokico struts
Eibach Proline springs
Cusco pillowtop mounts
White line front and rear sway bars.
--------
Current plans for the car:

Exterior:
V6 STI Aluminum Hood - purchased
V6 STI Fenders - purchased
V6 STI Grill - purchased
V6 STI Bumper - purchased
02 WRX 16" 5 Spoke wheels - came with car
Interior:

Electrical:
02 WRX MT ECU
Cobb Accessport
Powertrain:

-Shortblock:
Used B25C 703 Cast EJ257 - purchased possibly need to get bored/hone
OEM EJ257 Nitrated crankshaft - purchased
Stock STI Rods - purchased
Forged pistons(I have not decided on which pistons to get yet)

-Heads:
EJ205 Cylinder heads, CNC'd to match EJ257 combustion chamber (may get them ported as they are brand new heads) - purchased
Supertech nitrided valves - purchased
Supertech retainers/guides - purchased
BC 272 Camshafts - purchased

-Turbo:
Undecided, possibly a VF37 twin scroll turbo.

-Exhaust:
Undecided, I have a Prodrive axle back that I may throw on.

Drivetrain:
Since I already have an 02 WRX rear diff I may go cheap and get an 02 WRX 5 speed with LGT gearset until I can source a 6 speed.

Suspension:
Not planning on upgrading atm, I'll see how the current set up feels.

I will add pictures later. Thanks for reading. If you guys have any tips or criticism I'm all ears.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.