Luke's 2001 RS Daily Driver - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Luke's 2001 RS Daily Driver

Old 05-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
Renagade47
1.8L

Car: '01 RS 4dr
Fav Mod: Gold STi Five Spokes
Trader Rating: (0)
Default Luke's 2001 RS Daily Driver

I bought this car in 2018, to replace my beater 1999 Impreza L Wagon. This car is a Canadian market 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan in Silverthorn Metallic with the 4 speed automatic. It still has the original EJ253 SOHC engine. It was bought in Vancouver in 2001 and has lived here it's whole life. I bought it a 147,000 kms and it's been my daily driver ever since. It's also the car I did my road test in to get my "N". It was in great condition with full service history. the only problems were the window switch panels were broken (i assume when the alarm was installed), there is a miniscule amount of bubbling rust on the rear fender well, as well as some minor paint issues on the hood.

It came with a few minor modifications when I bought it:
- Pioneer Head Unit
- Tinted Windows (Rear doors and back window)
- Aftermarket Alarm/Central Locking
- Aftermarket Rear Tray Speakers
- Aqua Gauge Cluster LEDs

Since I have owned it, I've added a few mods of my own:
- Rallyarmour Mudflaps
- Gold GC8 STi 5 Spoke 16"s
- Removed Hood Vent Plates
- Debadged Trunk (Kept 2.5RS Badge)
- RS Coupe Spoiler
- Ebay UEL Headers
- Thinkware Dashcam
- Tsudeo N1 Catback w/ Recessed Silencer

It has been very reliable for the past year with only a few regular fixes:
- Window Switch Door Panels (Driver and Passenger)
- Right Brake Light wiring issues.
- Dented Right Fender (popped out easily)

I plan on doing a few thing in the future
- Intake of some sort
- Ver 4 Front Bumper + Foglights
- Front Seats
- Steering Wheel (Maybe)

Cherryblossoms

Cold Sunset

Hiding The Silencer

Fresh Fartcan

Powdered Sidestreets

First Snow

Installing UEL Headers

New and Old

Getting The Coupe Spoiler Painted

Foggy Alley

Old Rear End Still With Badging

New Wheels and Tires

First Mod, Mudflaps

How it Looked When I first got it.

The Beater Wagon

Now for my backstory:
Cars have always been an interest as long as I remember. When I was too young to own a car, video games were the next best thing. I first fell in love with how the Impreza looked when I first saw the 555 in DiRT 1. I continued to play many racing games and always seemed to gravitate toward driving Subarus, whether it be the Sultan from GTA or the 22B from Forza. Once i took an interest on working on and modifying cars I started watching youtube and quickly discovered Mighty Car Mods, along with Marty Liberty RS Wagon. I wanted some of that lifestyle, so I began planning what my first car would be. The First Gen Impreza ticked all my boxes, looks cool, sounds cool, four door, affordable, and moddable. Once I could actually own a car I bought my first one, a 1999 Impreza L Brighton Wagon, 2.2L 5spd. It was a $1000 hooptie. Fully rusted out rear fenders, a pool of rainwater in the hatch and some transmission issue that caused it to buck wildly on the 1st to 2nd shift. I sold that after a few months of and started to look for something nicer. After a few months of checking Craigslist weekly and narrowly buying a twin turbo RHD BK Legacy, this car showed up, I jumped on it right away. Since then. I've been loving it and can't think of any car I'd like to own more. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. Thanks for the read.
Attached Thumbnails
Luke's 2001 RS Daily Driver-spring-2019-720p.jpg  

Last edited by Renagade47; 05-04-2019 at 04:29 PM..
Renagade47 is offline   Reply With Quote