Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Viper's 01 Impreza 2.5RS "Rusty"

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LYH45 
#1 ·
My first car was a 00 STM Impreza L back in 06 that I dropped a ej257 in and enjoyed. Well had to sell the car to pay for life mistakes. The past couple of years I have been wanting to get back into the Subaru scene but being in New England, everything is high priced for rust buckets. My ideal car was something road ready and no rust repair, but I think I got a good deal on this so I jumped on it.

I picked up this car for $200 from a friend who has owned it for the past 9 or 10 years. I was there when she bought it back then, well I will just say maintenance wasn't exactly kept up, neither was car washes !

Its a 2001 Impreza RS, Auto, 200k miles, nothing fancy. As of right now it needs the metal coolant line that is under the intake manifold, and major rust repair. Also the sunroof doesn't work, I haven't looked into it so not sure whats going on with it yet.

My plans for it are pulling the engine and rebuilding with EJ257 pistons/rods, new bearings, wrx water pump, TD05 turbo, Emanage Ultimate (I need to pass OBD inspection). Eventually would like to do a 5spd swap since my old L was a 5spd.

Anyways, here are some pictures. Ignore the crap welding.... Im not a huge body work type of guy .....

New bearings, EJ257 Pistons/Rods, WRX Water pump, front calipers.

Day I picked her up.

All Loaded up.

Down in my shop where I will be doing the rebuild.

Lil bit of cancer on drivers side.

Drivers side #2

Rear bumper beam is shot. JDM bumper beam here we come !

Inside trunk needing to be repaired.

Passenger side of trunk.

Passenger side

Rocker #1

Rocker #2

Some patch panels to fix some of the rot.

Quick test fit to see how it fit.

Rocker Test fit.

Rocker Test fit

Cut away the rotted metal to weld the patch panel on.

Pretty crappy welding.

Test fit the doors.

Looks better.

Not too bad fitment.

Looks good.

Little bit of bondo

Rebuilding the trunk

Looks better then when I got her.

Looks like all the body lines match up.

Primed, I think it looks good.

Rocker Primed.

Threw some black on.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Haven't updated lately, been busy with the family. Also had my sons 1st birthday.
Got the rear all together, new brakes, trailing arms, lateral links, bushings. Everything is new except the CV axles.
Been working on the engine now. I powder coated the block, heads, valve covers, and intake manifold. Also sprayed blue on a fender to see if I want to do the whole car in it.

site to upload photos

My only problem now is the fuel pressure regulator hits the turbo..... even with the regulator gone the line still hits. Ideas ?

#4 ·
My only problem now is the fuel pressure regulator hits the turbo..... even with the regulator gone the line still hits. Ideas ?
I ended up having to reroute the fuel lines under the manifold in that area and I pushed the FPR down to under the turbo. It's the first picture in this link.

https://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/3610359-post44.html

Car's looking fantastic. I can't even imagine starting rust repairs from something that bad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.