Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

The Red Bomber and other orphans

65K views 251 replies 25 participants last post by  22bster 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been on this site for a very long time, many cars have come and gone. So i decided it should at least make a journal of my latest DD.

I don't have a ton of time to work on this, between my new garage being built and moving from one garage to another, working and picking up some house duties since my wife got a full time job.

But this is what she is: Brilliant Red 1995 Subaru Impreza L Sedan with a 2.2 and 4EAT. Manual windows and door lock also. 163K on here with timing belt and oil seals replaced at some point

Picked her up for cheap after I hit a deer with my 01 RS. Best part about it no quarter panel rot just a little rust starting. Very surprise for being a PA car all of its life.

First mods was some cheap struts and i picked up a set of 02-03 Maddad Road Hugger Springs from a buddy to give me a small drop.

I swapped a set of Legacy 15" 5 spokes with newish tires on them since the original owner was running bald tires in the back and new ones in the front.

Transferred my 19mm rear sway bar with kartboy endlinks on it also with a set of cheap ebay strut tower braces.

Also did a small tune up and flush a filled all fluids.

After i got all this sorted out and got a great alignment i decided to see what was up with the spray foam holding the headlight and marker in on the drivers side.

Since I removed the headlight the only spares I had were the 99-01 crystal clear headlights, so i installed them and a set of side markers. No grill for now until i can get to the junk yard.

Then the snow started here in the good old NE PA, so the set of studded Firestone Winter Force tires are on now.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
well nothing special done on my few and far between weekends off.

done with work saturday morning had a coworker come over and weld a new key on to a crank for the legacy engine. while he was doing that i balanced his tires and changed the fluid and filter on his transmission.

slept for a bit and then it was date night with the wife

then i dunno why i was lazy all day on yesterday, but finally got some ambition i went around and tightened all the fuel hose clamps on the baja since the wife said she was smelling raw fuel since the cold weather hit.

Also cleaned up the weld on the crank to make the pulley fit better on the engine, so hopefully i can get it in and get the car going this week sometime.

#12 ·
got tired of not having a grill so i was able to pick up another 93-95 headlight and put my grill back in. so i'm rocking the old school style for a while until i find a hood.

i was able to acquire a new lever for my trunk lease since it was missing when i purchased the car.

Doggies also got their first ride when i took them to the groomers to get shaved, yes i have them shaved because of the snow they track in plus they are starting to semi shed in the house.

also it wouldn't be a complete post without me picking up a few tools that were on sale or clearance, i think i might have an obsession with tool collecting. (but i did pick these both up for under $10 from lowes on clearance)

#13 ·
my ac tensioner has been making noise, so i'm like no deal i'll swap it out and away i go.

nah not going that easy. mines on the left others are on the right.

called and got a replacement pulley and that doesn't work either, the hole bore is too big meant for the newer style.

pressed the bearing out, but no one can get it but i can get it on ebay. for now i'll run without the ac belt on, might be able to get one at the salvage yard.

with all that fail i decided to see what the orange corner markers will look like on the car.

#18 ·
penndot does such a good job keeping the roads cleared off

"i don't plow my driveway because subaru"
I was thinking the same thing when I was driving across 80 last weelend as they were dropping the speed limit before closing it.

Cool to see a journal. Even if there's not much car progress keep the tool whore posts coming.

#21 ·
not much to update.

been dealing with the three snow storms we got this week, got stuck at my house until i could be plowed out. had snow drifts up to 3' in my driveway.

but i did aquire a few more parts for her.

first is i got a set of gold 5 spoke rs wheels from moto.

then th3wit dropped off my hood in the middle of another snow storm that we were getting and almost got stuck in my driveway with his taco.

now all i gotta do is wait for it to get warmer out and i can start working on the car again.

#26 ·
yesterday i got car access to my garage finally.

a buddy dropped of a snow blower that wasn't running correctly and said if i get it going i could use it the rest of the season.

well i got it as good as i could get, its going to need the carb pulled off and gone over.

then on tuesday i picked up the new beast, been wanting and needing a bigger truck and this past week with the snow we decided to get one.

2003 F-250, extended cab, 4x4, 5.4 gas, spray in bed liner, 8' box, hitch with brake controller all wired up with only 97k miles on it.