The first thing I wanted to do was get rid of my crummy seats that were uncomfortable and ugly. The foam inside them was literally wasting away to nothing. Also the drivers side had a tear in the middle and the cover I put on it looked like shit.
Found a decent deal for a set of 2.5RS seats rear and front, so I went and snagged them. After transporting them home, I tore them down pulled off the upholstery and fixed the foam tears that all subarus seem to suffer from.
I ended up glueing the foam with liquid silicon and splicing it together with a framework of thin wiring. So far it has worked out great and everyone comments on how good the seats feel. Had to rewire down the upholstery when I put them back together but I am now a pro at it.
I also used my carpet shampooer to clean the upholstery and they look very good now, then I used some needed and carpet thread to seal up any holes that were there. I think I had two to do.
Installed easily, though it was cold as ice outside.