As some of you know, I have an '07 STi donor car. MaiMai and I risked our lives (there was a really bad snow storm) getting this car to Goshen from Portland, IN on February 21, 2009.
I had gotten sick while getting the car, so the first week wasn't very productive, but we have been cranking out a lot of man power during these past few days.
This is what we have done so far (in order):
removed entire interior and body panels
removed engine harness/engine bay harness (most of the wiring in the car)
removed radiator, engine, and front hubs
Engine bay before:
Engine bay after:
We were going to do this in a big shop, but because of various reasons we are doing this in an overly crowded garage at home.
While attempting to remove the motor we noticed some unforseen problems, one being a broken cam gear. )':
The engine removal took a lot of helpers. Yesterday (Feb. 28) I worked for over 2 hours trying to slide the motor off of the transmission with no luck. My friends came over to help, but it took the brute strength of my dad to get the motor completely off of the tranny.
(My friend, Jordan, is between my legs)
We're hoping to get the car running by April, but we are short on money now and we're not sure how long it will be until the car is running.
We will try to update when we have made any progress.