Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My pain in the aspen- Still not done: 10 years edition!

572K views 7K replies 219 participants last post by  FXTrev 
#1 · (Edited)
Under constrution!

THE UPGRADES!

Engine:
Group N EJ20 W20C block
-Manley Pistons
-Manley rods
-Manley valves/springs/retainers
-ID850's
-Tomei Poncam's
-Garret GT3076R twin scroll

Transmission:
-STi RA short gear 6 Speed
-MAP dccd controller

Suspension:
-Ohlins road and track struts
-Rallitek F/R sway bars
-STI everything underneath

Interior:
-Flocked Dash
-Sparco wheel w/quick release
-Recaro Profi XL seats
-PSI3 Subaru engine data monitor
-LHD Airbag delete pocket
-Tilton 600 Pedal assembly
-Custom cage

Exterior:
-P1 Fog Kit/Covers
-EDM Headlight washers
-STI V6 aluminum hood/splitter
-Aeroguards
-Rear Spats
-V6 Rear Bumper
-V6 Wing
-V6 Lip

Chassis:
-Seam welded and braced

Future Plans:
-Paint
-Boost.

Recent photos:

The best post in this thread

Attachments

See less See more
#255 ·
How hard would it be to make a shifter? Id just need the bushing where the linkage attaches and the ball end and i can bend the actual shift rod any way i want right? I was looking at my new seating position and i wont be running an armrest. Itll be my momo seat, 8 point roll cage, steering wheel (looking for one ;) ) and the shifter needs to be roughly 1 1/2" forward from stock position... Any ideas?

#256 ·
you will need some hard balls........hahaha jk.

tell him i said hi. and maybe mess with your shifter? cut/weld/bend the exsisting metal......or cut the two rod things that it attaches to trans and weld them shorter then use washers to attach it to the frame....ghetto :)

i would like to know what cage you are using? where and how much? i want one :)

#257 ·
#259 ·
hey joe as for a steering wheel. look on ebay. i got a off brand quick release hub and off brand momo replica wheel for $60 just get a hub for a wrx they all fit. be prepared to get rid of your clockwheel thingy.(turns off blinker(turn signal indicator) after turning). check out that site to see pics of it.

#265 ·
yeh dude, i usually do it at night, no mountains here in ohioer though haha. I want to make it up to appalachian (sp?) pass sometime, i dont think ill be able to swap my car this year, i cant find a job and some trade stuff hasnt worked out (not you sixth star) and i have not nearly enough money to swap, and the only place that has a clip i can remotely afford wont get back to me about it...

#271 ·
My dad called me up today, our friend owns a towing company and they impounded an SVX thats in mint shape and the guys not paying for the tow etc etc, so hes putting a lein on it and theres a good chance i can get it. If so, thatd be awsome as i can take the RS off the road and work on it, and cruise around in style...

#273 ·
Jeez keep your pants on!

I dont know the details yet, and its not set in stone either...

Its a 1992 Purple LS (i?) not sure yet, everythings in mint condition, fair mileage (waiting on an exact number) paints a bit faded, thats about it. Ill know more next weekend, ill get a few pics of it.

#274 ·
It's not purple. It's Claret. 92 and 93 had a dark wine red with black trunk, roof, and wing. This was called Claret. 94-97 like mine had Bourduex Pearl. If it has all the options and is AWD it's a LS-L. Power seat belt and all. 94+ didn't get the seatbelt. How ever cool I end up getting annoyed by them so I'm glad I don't have it. GL. Hope that it works out. Only thing I"ll forwarn about mostly is over heating in realy hard situations...like going up a steep mountain road at 20mph and well that's it for any real issues.
-Gaddis

#277 ·
ok, hes no car expert but this is what he said...

"Okay, its got silver wheels with spokes with a big lip on em, its got like red brembo calipers with big rotors, paints kinda faded, it might have had leather interior but its mint except for the paint, guy said it needs a computer, itll run for a few days then it wont for like 2 or so, sounds like a bad ECU, but it runs great and its clean. ill let you or your dad know later when i get back to the shop see ya."

funny thing is i have a ECU and trans controller here in ohio from my motor haha. Now im all giddy to go home and check it out...