My pain in the aspen: NO its not done yet... - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
My pain in the aspen: NO its not done yet...

Old 03-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #71
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: 300K Club
Trader Rating: (59)

Quote:
Originally Posted by italsupra10 View Post
Too bad you're not in chicago, I'd let you borrow my garage and tools just so I could watch you change the headgaskets... I know I'll end up having to change them one day, all the EJ251's seem to be crapping out lately
Yeh, this'll be my 2nd in 5 months if i dont do something fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2x4 View Post
I've said it before and I'll have to say it again! Good luck with the car!
Thanks im gonna need it... Bastard jersey dude won the ohio lottery wtf?
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 07:41 AM   #72
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

MMkay, heres the down-low...

The guys cant get to my car for 2 weeks = Not good

My friend bought a house, with a brand new 2 bay garage, and he has 1000s of tools = Awsome

SubaruParts.com is $200 cheaper than the dealer = Awsome

So im most likey gonna do this myself next week, hes got a sweet garage so itll be cool. Im thinking while im in there, beside an oil and coolant change, i wanna to the transmission and diff, but is it too late? Its got 160K on it, i dont know when the last change was done...

And if i have some money left over, i need brakes real bad, but i wanna do a few bushings, maybe even some urethane if i has the cash. Dunno yet, but anyone have experiance with Redline? Im 30mins from summit and they have everything, i wanna run redline in the trans and diff.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #73
WaynO
2.7L

Fav Mod: P1 Springs
Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansheeboy11 View Post
MMkay, heres the down-low...

The guys cant get to my car for 2 weeks = Not good

My friend bought a house, with a brand new 2 bay garage, and he has 1000s of tools = Awsome

SubaruParts.com is $200 cheaper than the dealer = Awsome

So im most likey gonna do this myself next week, hes got a sweet garage so itll be cool. Im thinking while im in there, beside an oil and coolant change, i wanna to the transmission and diff, but is it too late? Its got 160K on it, i dont know when the last change was done...

And if i have some money left over, i need brakes real bad, but i wanna do a few bushings, maybe even some urethane if i has the cash. Dunno yet, but anyone have experiance with Redline? Im 30mins from summit and they have everything, i wanna run redline in the trans and diff.
some good reading about redline:

Has anybody used Redline Heavy Shockproof for the rear diff.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #74
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

Awsome, just read it, thanks. Im thinking im gonna go with the 75w90NS, anyone have any other ideas on what i should check out while im under here? Im also going to put in some sensors for gauges which ill eventually put in the next few weeks.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #75
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

oh, is the sedan trunk the same as the coupe, or different? Mounting the same?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #76
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

I been day dreamin all day/night...

Thinking of a single cam, turbo EJ22 closed deck leggy block, to some single cam heads with some porting... Cheap(ish), and i got lots og junk/salvage yards and theres a good chance i can get a block, redo the rings and pistons and crank, and have a 22B replica motor hah.... idk, just dreamin...
Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #77
seraphinwolf187
EZ GF w/Curves!

Fav Mod: EZ30R+6MT+WRC WIDEBODY!
Trader Rating: (18)

You know that's not what the 22B motor was right? It's a 2.0L bored and stroked to 2.2L. Just so you know
-Gaddis
Old 03-13-2009, 12:37 AM   #78
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphinwolf187 View Post
You know that's not what the 22B motor was right? It's a 2.0L bored and stroked to 2.2L. Just so you know
-Gaddis
Yeh i know, i have lots of videos on the 22b, a work of art haha. Hey, that EG33 is getting scrapped if i cant get rid of it soon...
Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #79
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

Well aside of thinking about engine stuff, and busting my ass swaping V8s all day, i drove to give the RS a bath...

And i notice that my paint is now chipping away, not of rust, just from rock chips on the backside of the c pillar...go figure...

And i go to walmart, and i see the shopping cart guy pushing carts across the lot, mind you i park at the end of civilization so i dont get scratches on my car from retarded people that shop there. I walk out to find scratches all the way down the driver side of my car, i am soooo pissed and im emailing walmart about it, cause i want it painted...

Old 03-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #80
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

Well, today i went to school on 1 hr of sleep, rotated the tires, cut the tow hooks, cleaned the engine up a bit, fixed some exhaust banging, and started undercoating some parts of the car. But i planned out some stuff today and found that with the issues im having with the car, like the rear end being gone, shitty motor, beat trans etc etc, and replacing all the rubber under the car, that a full swap would be more feasible, not to mention cheaper. I was thinking of what clips/cuts i should start looking for and ive narrowed it down to a V3 or V4 clip, one cause they tend to be on the cheaper end and in more quantity. But the V2 and V3 have closed deck blocks which i see as an advantage, but the V4 has better brakes. But the V2 has about 250 horse, and the V3/V4 have roughly 280... Right now im leaning towards a V3, and if i can get a good clip, i could possibly do a rhd swap if i get a garage by the end of summer.

Also, at the moment, ill be in ohio at school for another 2 years, im taking the High Performance and Fabrication Technology course there, it covers everything from welding and metal fab, to physics and theroy so hopefully it turns out good and i can benefit by getting a job with a shop or higher company, dealers arent my thing...