Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My pain in the aspen- Still not done: 10 years edition!

572K views 7K replies 219 participants last post by  FXTrev 
#1 · (Edited)
Under constrution!

THE UPGRADES!

Engine:
Group N EJ20 W20C block
-Manley Pistons
-Manley rods
-Manley valves/springs/retainers
-ID850's
-Tomei Poncam's
-Garret GT3076R twin scroll

Transmission:
-STi RA short gear 6 Speed
-MAP dccd controller

Suspension:
-Ohlins road and track struts
-Rallitek F/R sway bars
-STI everything underneath

Interior:
-Flocked Dash
-Sparco wheel w/quick release
-Recaro Profi XL seats
-PSI3 Subaru engine data monitor
-LHD Airbag delete pocket
-Tilton 600 Pedal assembly
-Custom cage

Exterior:
-P1 Fog Kit/Covers
-EDM Headlight washers
-STI V6 aluminum hood/splitter
-Aeroguards
-Rear Spats
-V6 Rear Bumper
-V6 Wing
-V6 Lip

Chassis:
-Seam welded and braced

Future Plans:
-Paint
-Boost.

Recent photos:

The best post in this thread

Attachments

See less See more
#133 ·
I don't like the HT Autos stuff. It just doesn't look right. I"ve only ever seen it sold on eBay for around 600. I almost bought that exact bumper from the guy he bought it from but oh well. I"ll be getting an Aeroism Research one. But why don't you like the intergrated grill? On non HTA ones it looks good. HTAutos is like Cosplay rather than really replicating and outfit. I still got that body kit though. Want pics?
-Gaddis

#136 ·
Here you go. It looks like this. This is actually the WRC front end they use to make the mold but that's what it looks like. You've probably seen Bakemono-Imports' Impreza that has the same panels and rear bumper. He's got a different Prodrive prototye front.
-Gaddis

#137 ·
Damn i love that haha. Wish i had the money :(

Thats the aerosim bumper? I dont mind the grill so much as the integrated emblem in it, thats why i like the above bumper... And i have a dilemma now, im getting a few checks soon, i should have around 1k, i reeeeaaaallly want to pick up a cheap bike, maybe 200 or so, and i can get some things for my car... OR... I have a 351 windsor in my possession that really wants my turbo on it and wants to live in a 240sx shell 2 towns over... :/

Tough decisions, i really want to do a V3 RHD swap with my car, and i think that 1k is a really good starting point for a clip, i just got to find a job. I went to autozone, nada. Advanced Auto, nada. Napa, nada... Gonna try car parts warehouse, and if all else fails, my 2 roommates can score me a job at taco bell :lol:

#141 ·
Had 2nd thoughts, i hauled ass to summit, made it there in 35 mins. Picked up a 18" Bullet Muffler, new black annodized lugs, and some Hella light bulbs for the whip

Im gonna run the bullet muffler after the cats, than 2.25 back to the bumper. And ill throw on a STI tip if i can find one cheap, but my N1 is for sale if that guy in philly doesnt want it.

#142 ·
How about this. Throw the money into an account you can't touch for a few months or just won't remember is there for a few months and save in a second place. If you never see any big amount in one place you won't spend it all at one time till you have more than you thought and you'll be able to do a swap or a whole lot of work. I have the same problem. And right now trying to hide money form my self in my local bank isn't working. Thinking of hiding like $5 a week into my Paypal and move a couple bucks at a time into my local savings and just spread it out so I don't see it and can get parts I need in a month or two. Semester ends soon and work is going crazy asking for overtime(over time at my work is anything over 42. I've done 60+ hrs weeks before at good pay)
-Gaddis

#144 ·
Got turned down from another job, then go outside today to find a dent roughly the size of a deck of cards square in the drivers door, then on my way home, i come down across the bridge i take every day, same lane and all, and catch the exhaust on a lip or something and rip the bolts right out of the cat, just hanging and scraping the whole 20 miles home... Im super f'in pissed and im broke, and i have to get my exhaust fixed and change my oil before i go home tomorrow after school... Shitty day.

Rob, how much for your exhaust? brullen is quiet, gotta see if this dude wants the N1 still, so i might end up with a greddy... dunno yet.

#147 ·
Rob, how much for your exhaust? brullen is quiet, gotta see if this dude wants the N1 still, so i might end up with a greddy... dunno yet.
EL header, "HFC" pipe(actually hollowed out but it looks like there's one there), and catback for $600
I am looking to replace it all with a Borla replica, stock cat, and Stromung single tip so if you have any of those, we can work out something.

#149 ·
I saw that the other day. If I was closer to my swap date i'd probably consider that pretty strongly. I love the idea of keeping it "factory" and going from there. The joy of Subarus is that there are many swap options, the bad news is you have to pick one.
Dude, took me over a year to decide on the V3...

1- Closed deck
2- Hand Built
3- Somewhat rare, not many V3 swaps out there

Thats what made it for me.

And i wish i had 600 for you haha, but im looking for a borla as well, just fixed my N1, 1st time ever i havent had leaks in it and it sounds good...

Oh yeh, Goldies!

Heres what $30 in heat tape looks like, made a huge differance, along with the open scoop, that box is ice cold...

Hehe, matches my wheels

#156 ·
lol, i told him he would regret saying that haha. I started it up this morning, sounded like a had a freakin 500 lift cam... I think a sensor is going, thinking MAF cause ive been having issues with it for a while, and RS MAFs are known to have problems, there was actually a recall i believe...

#157 ·
Z32 MAF and done. That's what the SVX guys replace theirs with. If I don't go Hydra on the SVX I'll likely be picking one up. Have you reset the ECU recently? May help clear a coding issue that is only in the codes and not an actual issue. Or it will pop up again and you'll be able to see the trees through the forest.
-Gaddis

#161 ·
Ahh, finally got my cable and internet back haha. Yesterday i changed my oil, trans fluid, and diff fluid. Today i cut my rotors....

I found that ALL my rubber bushings are shot, 3 rotted brake hoses, 3 bad calipers, 2 bad caliper brackets, rotors and pads are history, and i found that my control arms are nasty with rust, my balljoints are iffy...

SOOO as of 2 hours ago, the plan is to get some money together and take the car off the road for a bit in the summer, get a V3 clip, 100% full swap, drivetrain and rhd dash, and while thats off the road, i have a choice of a few cars that my friends boss has, talons, 240s, maybe a legacy.... OR... a 82 kawisaki KZ1000 lol. One of my favorite bikes ever, which i can pick up real cheap, but im not 100% yet, i just know that i dont like driving my car in the shape its in, and im going to have my friend at school paint my car and do bodywork, anyone know where i can get Aspen White Subie paint? I think the code was like E55? cant remember...