Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My pain in the aspen- Still not done: 10 years edition!

572K views 7K replies 219 participants last post by  FXTrev 
#1 · (Edited)
Under constrution!

THE UPGRADES!

Engine:
Group N EJ20 W20C block
-Manley Pistons
-Manley rods
-Manley valves/springs/retainers
-ID850's
-Tomei Poncam's
-Garret GT3076R twin scroll

Transmission:
-STi RA short gear 6 Speed
-MAP dccd controller

Suspension:
-Ohlins road and track struts
-Rallitek F/R sway bars
-STI everything underneath

Interior:
-Flocked Dash
-Sparco wheel w/quick release
-Recaro Profi XL seats
-PSI3 Subaru engine data monitor
-LHD Airbag delete pocket
-Tilton 600 Pedal assembly
-Custom cage

Exterior:
-P1 Fog Kit/Covers
-EDM Headlight washers
-STI V6 aluminum hood/splitter
-Aeroguards
-Rear Spats
-V6 Rear Bumper
-V6 Wing
-V6 Lip

Chassis:
-Seam welded and braced

Future Plans:
-Paint
-Boost.

Recent photos:

The best post in this thread

Attachments

See less See more
#102 ·
Been looking at some things to buy for the car, it needs something and im going nuts with people fucking with my car in the parking lot, gonna have to break into the garage :p

Been thinking about White Rota Torques 17x8 +35 with either Hankook RS2s, or Falken RT615s, dunno yet. But for now im going to paint the stockers white, i didnt get to clear the bronze yet and some fuckin punk ass kid from my school pissed on the rims and the f'in paint came off so yeh, new paint!

#103 ·
if you install that big ass semitruck turbo on your car itll take a few gears to spool up but when it doesnt youll prolly need a flux capacitor to keep from going back to the future.

the sport bumper would look sick but go with 17x8 rpf1 instead. those wouldnt look as hot and theyd be light as hell.

#105 ·
Yeh, sports bumper, rear spats (sides and rear spats painted white), wingless trunk, the little vortex generator on the roof, with 17x8 Torques, idk about the RPF1s, cause everyone has em, and i can get a killer deal on the torques, either in gold or white, tommy gold would be sick.

And im picking up a Holset HX35 on saturday, needs a rebuild so i gotta call up holset for parts.

#106 · (Edited)
#114 ·
Damn, i was hoping i was on to something... Bummer, but it doesnt matter, ill be taking pics tonight at our subie meet ;)

oh yeh, i got white wheels! Looks trick, gotta mask off better and do another coat or two, but they look sweet, white on white FTW!

#115 ·
Heres a quick snap, gotta do 2 more coats, then clear. Im going to have them painted with the car when i get it done, but goldies are in order, RPF1s are a possibility, looking for wheels under $900... oh and heres an 86.5 Supra NA we got for 2800, can you say dori dori?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngRw2rW2to

#116 · (Edited)
Update:

Sold the EG33 (omg, yay!)
Sold the 255 block
Lots of turbo parts

SOOOO i should have some money in the upcoming weeks, whew... Applied to several places with no luck yet :(

But ive been eying up some wheels and tires to replace my old/worn gear and Konig seems to be the best option so far. Each has sizes and weight, and those are prices shipped i didnt shop around much but theyre cheap and Koing has good wheels. If i get the Runaways, i have to deal with struts as 17x8 wont fit :( but i can deal with 17x7s and put some meaty 615s on there hehe...

Sport compact car got 245s on the Feathers, said 255s can fit with rolled fenders (08s), but i want the lightest wheel i can get, but i run into the width issue with the Runaways... But i like the look of the feathers

Konig Daylite
17x7 40mm
16lbs
$499

Konig Feather
17x7 40mm
Unknown weight, but it must be light Edit: 15lbs
$580

Konig Runaway
17x8 46mm
15lbs
$570

#117 · (Edited)
Something with a sheen would have looked nicer than the white. Guess that's why the Bronze, Silver, and Gold look so good. Konigs are nice. I have a set of 18x7.5 Absolutes that I need to get referbished that I love. Wish I had them in 18x8.5 with a +35 or so offset.
-Gaddis

#120 ·
Yeh i love the daylights, if i remember correctly, i think Kirsacce has em on his BRP coupe... But ill have to figure out something about the strut issue, whats the best way to squeeze in some 8 inch wide wheels? I know im gonna tuck and roll with the fenders....

#121 ·
Well you can use camber plates and get some camber rear bolts and a proper alignment to keep it tucked right and just pull at the fenders a little. I"m running 245's on the SVX and had to pull the rears a bit. 8"s isn't too much of a stretch. I had 235's under my OBS but the biggest key is is what tires you go with. Tire clearance will be your main concern for clearance. 215's stretched will work or 225 will be plenty till you roll the fenders.
-Gaddis

#128 ·
Nice, i miss overtime at subaru... Made mucho bucks back then. I just got back from a few towns over at my buddys work. I put in my air/fuel gauge! and picked me up some 30 gallon castrol drums for garbage cans in the apartment.

Im going to summit on monday to buy fluids, im going with royal purple for everything, Besides fluids, what else should i get?