Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My pain in the aspen- Still not done: 10 years edition!

572K views 7K replies 219 participants last post by  FXTrev 
#1 · (Edited)
Under constrution!

THE UPGRADES!

Engine:
Group N EJ20 W20C block
-Manley Pistons
-Manley rods
-Manley valves/springs/retainers
-ID850's
-Tomei Poncam's
-Garret GT3076R twin scroll

Transmission:
-STi RA short gear 6 Speed
-MAP dccd controller

Suspension:
-Ohlins road and track struts
-Rallitek F/R sway bars
-STI everything underneath

Interior:
-Flocked Dash
-Sparco wheel w/quick release
-Recaro Profi XL seats
-PSI3 Subaru engine data monitor
-LHD Airbag delete pocket
-Tilton 600 Pedal assembly
-Custom cage

Exterior:
-P1 Fog Kit/Covers
-EDM Headlight washers
-STI V6 aluminum hood/splitter
-Aeroguards
-Rear Spats
-V6 Rear Bumper
-V6 Wing
-V6 Lip

Chassis:
-Seam welded and braced

Future Plans:
-Paint
-Boost.

Recent photos:

The best post in this thread

Attachments

See less See more
#68 ·
Stopped by the stealership, $1200 and my keys for 2 days will get me new head/valve cover gaskets... I have $61.83 in my bank account... Now what? Anyone know a cheap place i can get HGs done in cleveland? Id do em myself but i cant do em at school cause i cant leave it over night and i have no garage or tools to do it :(

#72 ·
MMkay, heres the down-low...

The guys cant get to my car for 2 weeks = Not good

My friend bought a house, with a brand new 2 bay garage, and he has 1000s of tools = Awsome

SubaruParts.com is $200 cheaper than the dealer = Awsome

So im most likey gonna do this myself next week, hes got a sweet garage so itll be cool. Im thinking while im in there, beside an oil and coolant change, i wanna to the transmission and diff, but is it too late? Its got 160K on it, i dont know when the last change was done...

And if i have some money left over, i need brakes real bad, but i wanna do a few bushings, maybe even some urethane if i has the cash. Dunno yet, but anyone have experiance with Redline? Im 30mins from summit and they have everything, i wanna run redline in the trans and diff.

#74 ·
Awsome, just read it, thanks. Im thinking im gonna go with the 75w90NS, anyone have any other ideas on what i should check out while im under here? Im also going to put in some sensors for gauges which ill eventually put in the next few weeks.

#76 ·
I been day dreamin all day/night...

Thinking of a single cam, turbo EJ22 closed deck leggy block, to some single cam heads with some porting... Cheap(ish), and i got lots og junk/salvage yards and theres a good chance i can get a block, redo the rings and pistons and crank, and have a 22B replica motor hah.... idk, just dreamin...

#79 ·
Well aside of thinking about engine stuff, and busting my ass swaping V8s all day, i drove to give the RS a bath...

And i notice that my paint is now chipping away, not of rust, just from rock chips on the backside of the c pillar...go figure...

And i go to walmart, and i see the shopping cart guy pushing carts across the lot, mind you i park at the end of civilization so i dont get scratches on my car from retarded people that shop there. I walk out to find scratches all the way down the driver side of my car, i am soooo pissed and im emailing walmart about it, cause i want it painted...

#80 ·
Well, today i went to school on 1 hr of sleep, rotated the tires, cut the tow hooks, cleaned the engine up a bit, fixed some exhaust banging, and started undercoating some parts of the car. But i planned out some stuff today and found that with the issues im having with the car, like the rear end being gone, shitty motor, beat trans etc etc, and replacing all the rubber under the car, that a full swap would be more feasible, not to mention cheaper. I was thinking of what clips/cuts i should start looking for and ive narrowed it down to a V3 or V4 clip, one cause they tend to be on the cheaper end and in more quantity. But the V2 and V3 have closed deck blocks which i see as an advantage, but the V4 has better brakes. But the V2 has about 250 horse, and the V3/V4 have roughly 280... Right now im leaning towards a V3, and if i can get a good clip, i could possibly do a rhd swap if i get a garage by the end of summer.

Also, at the moment, ill be in ohio at school for another 2 years, im taking the High Performance and Fabrication Technology course there, it covers everything from welding and metal fab, to physics and theroy so hopefully it turns out good and i can benefit by getting a job with a shop or higher company, dealers arent my thing...

#81 ·
Keep in mind you gotta get this thing to pass inspection. Unless you know a guy. I vote a V8 so you also get the 4 pot Brembos. But I know someone who's got I think a v4 clip for sale. I'll double check and let you know.
-Gaddis

#82 ·
Keep in mind you gotta get this thing to pass inspection. Unless you know a guy. I vote a V8 so you also get the 4 pot Brembos. But I know someone who's got I think a v4 clip for sale. I'll double check and let you know.
-Gaddis
O rly? lol, V8 outta the question haha, but let me know about the clip and the EG33 cause i get flak from it every day haha...

#89 ·
Bronze paint!

I also got a sweet deal on a huge intercooler and got the hookup on a sick holset turbo...

The radiator is in the way, so im thinking leaving it a top mount... With intercooler sprayers!

Gotta get headers made, twin scroll variable vane Holset!!! Might need a turbo timer though :(

#96 ·
Ha i hate when they do that... Getting my headgaskets done end of next weekish sometime, then im bringing my car into school for a trans flush, diff flush, and some undercoating... But i want some shiny parts to put on :p

I should really pick up an STi sports bumper, that would make me mucho happy

#99 ·
JDMness...

Been shopping around for prices on stuff, coilovers, wheels, bumpers, seats whatever... Looking for aftermarket parts that wont be included in a swap. I got stuff to trade for parts, im trying to sell stuff but i cant seem to get rid of anything for some hard cash. Gonna have to get a job so i can get a clip by the end of summer...