Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My pain in the aspen- Still not done: 10 years edition!

572K views 7K replies 219 participants last post by  FXTrev 
#1 · (Edited)
Under constrution!

THE UPGRADES!

Engine:
Group N EJ20 W20C block
-Manley Pistons
-Manley rods
-Manley valves/springs/retainers
-ID850's
-Tomei Poncam's
-Garret GT3076R twin scroll

Transmission:
-STi RA short gear 6 Speed
-MAP dccd controller

Suspension:
-Ohlins road and track struts
-Rallitek F/R sway bars
-STI everything underneath

Interior:
-Flocked Dash
-Sparco wheel w/quick release
-Recaro Profi XL seats
-PSI3 Subaru engine data monitor
-LHD Airbag delete pocket
-Tilton 600 Pedal assembly
-Custom cage

Exterior:
-P1 Fog Kit/Covers
-EDM Headlight washers
-STI V6 aluminum hood/splitter
-Aeroguards
-Rear Spats
-V6 Rear Bumper
-V6 Wing
-V6 Lip

Chassis:
-Seam welded and braced

Future Plans:
-Paint
-Boost.

Recent photos:

The best post in this thread

Attachments

See less See more
#44 ·
Well i narrows the water leak down to the weep hole in the pump, and its collecting inside the timing cover, i ran to a sweet place called Car Parts Warehouse, they carry everything from cheapy house stuff, all the way to name brand performance parts, such as the pile of Brembos lol. I got a Gates pump, hopefully i can steal a lift at school tomorrow and get this in so i can go back to NY this weekend.

#45 ·
I lost the place where i was keeping my parts and engines and i need to sell them ASAP as my apartment is now covered in parts, not including the mass of parts in my car including a 255....

For you non belivers lol... Heres my closet, which has the least amount of stuff...

#49 ·
Update on today...

I finally got my car into school to address the waterpump, i got the car up, unbolted everything pulled the rad for shits and giggles then got into the timing assembly. 1st i noticed ribbing on TOP of the belt...Not good, then i see that the waterpump is rusted and pitted as i figured. Then after removing the rest of the cover, i find that not only was the timing belt never changed, the pulleys and bearings are all original. Now at this point, ive broken nothing but 1 timing cover bolt. I loosen the tentioner to release the belt so i can get to the pump, breaking the rusted 75k tensioner bolt in the process. So not only am i up shits creek with a bad belt, but i have no tensioner and a broken bolt in the block. So now that im panicing cause i have no usable car to get parts, i go to the trunk and see if theres anything from the old 2.5 back there. And there wasnt, but what was there was my EJ255, so i broke out the 10 and 14mm sockets and cannibalized the 255 for its bearings and pulleys, so now they reside happily with my new waterpump and timing belt. The End

#54 ·
Have you ever thought about painting your wheels white and also painting your skirts white? I think the 'white-out' look on a white RS would really look cool... either way, the car looks nice!
Yeh, ive thought of that...

Asthetics wise, im thinking painting the skirts, gold wheels but not sure which wheel, sports bumper, rear spats and Bomex aero decklid lip. And when i get the swap im gonna either get a s201 scoop or a sti scoop... dunno yet, im still working on that whole money thing :p

#55 ·
S201 FTW! ;) That's why I chose! You know you could always follow the black around the car. Black lip and spats and do the door trims strip black. Mostly you need a lip though. Something to change the asthetics of the front. Or FINISH YOUR SUSPENSION! Will make +5BILLION to looks. Believe me when I got a drop from my coilover(when i first got them and till I sold them) the OBS jumped leaps and bounds in looks on top of it's alreay sweet 2toneage.
-Gaddis

#57 ·
PM me with what your looking for for the EG33 and info I'll ask around. If cheap enough I'd pick it up my self if I can't find a buyer. A spare engine is always good(aslong as no one yells are you for it being there) I'm sure I could find a use/buyer.
-Gaddis

#58 ·
K, heres a quick rundown of my drive home on thursday. First, i have the 255 in my trunk, killing my shocks and tires as im driving, as if catching the N1 on bridge crossings at 85mph isnt bad enough. Then i get about 2 hours out of OH in RT80 and my bottom tank blows out on the rad letting all my coolant go, i JB weld the seam and fill the rad with water, i make it to around the poconos-ish area. Then im driving, its now dark, and a tractor decides to lose a tire about 500 feet in front of me. So me thinking quick, im dodging the softball size chunks of rubber coming at the windshield and didnt see the actual, 8 foot wide tread laying perfectly across the lane, i cant swerve around it, i run it over, smashed my bumper on both sides, broke both fog lights, ripped out the splashguards underneath the engine, destroyed my exhaust, broke off my drivers rear-half sideskirt, took a chunk out of my drivers rear rim, slashed the tire, and bent my N1 pipe and dented the can. All while lifting the car a good 8 inches off the ground... Fun night i had, with all honesty ill take anything i can get for any of my parts, i really need money and im hoping my roadside warrenty still is good for my tires so i can get back to OH... Let me know if anyone can buy something, the 255 is now in NY again, the EJ20 got stolen, the EG33 is in ohio, and all my parts like manifolds and whatnot are in NY as well... Ill get some pics when i get back home.

#60 ·
yea dude, it wouldnt be so bad if i wasnt so broke. After it happened i just wanted to get off the road and check the car, i couldnt give two shits bout insurance. And they never give you OEM parts, its always that lowest bidder shit that they play with... Ill get it fixed and at least i have an exscuse to do something to it, i gotta find another job, hopefully sell some stuff to get me by in the mean time. Ill be throwing some things up on the marketplace soon so keep an eye out...

#64 ·
Well, both headgaskets went this morning, leaks when cold and when idling, but at RPM it slows down a bit, maybe cause the coolants moving faster. And to add to it, that tire i ran over beat the piss out of my floorboards, i pulled off the reast of my broken heat shields, and i need to pull all my suspension, and redo all my rubber parts under there, everythings dry and starting to crack. Im starting to think about trying to find some money and just completely swap over everything off an STI... Im sick i buying these 10 year old motors. Ugh, to add to my wonderfull day i flipped on my teacher and his boss for being complete airheads... And theres a Advance Auto opening a few towns over so im gonna apply there... Hopefully something good happens cause im about to fucking lose it... Imma go play forza and read the new super street with the Jun STI, oh yeh!