Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My pain in the aspen- Still not done: 10 years edition!

572K views 7K replies 219 participants last post by  FXTrev 
#1 · (Edited)
Under constrution!

THE UPGRADES!

Engine:
Group N EJ20 W20C block
-Manley Pistons
-Manley rods
-Manley valves/springs/retainers
-ID850's
-Tomei Poncam's
-Garret GT3076R twin scroll

Transmission:
-STi RA short gear 6 Speed
-MAP dccd controller

Suspension:
-Ohlins road and track struts
-Rallitek F/R sway bars
-STI everything underneath

Interior:
-Flocked Dash
-Sparco wheel w/quick release
-Recaro Profi XL seats
-PSI3 Subaru engine data monitor
-LHD Airbag delete pocket
-Tilton 600 Pedal assembly
-Custom cage

Exterior:
-P1 Fog Kit/Covers
-EDM Headlight washers
-STI V6 aluminum hood/splitter
-Aeroguards
-Rear Spats
-V6 Rear Bumper
-V6 Wing
-V6 Lip

Chassis:
-Seam welded and braced

Future Plans:
-Paint
-Boost.

Recent photos:

The best post in this thread

Attachments

See less See more
#278 ·
LOL. I like the "it might have had leather interior..." !MIGHT" OMG! LOL! I want to see the deal with the brakes. Likely it's just the stock plane old calipers painted red. If not.... I'll buy them off you and what ever is needed to convert to what ever it is! LOL. Good luck dude, and yeah this guy is NO car expert.
-Gaddis

#282 ·
K, the SVX is under speculation, hes trying to get a lein and all thast jazz on it.

Ive made my decision on what motor and turbo setup im going with. And im starting my engine performance class in 2 weeks which will give me a start on it, and due to me not having a place to live right now, the car might not get swapped till fall when im in my High Performance class, and it might remain LHD if i dont have a garage by then.

Anyways, i have like 75 bucks laying around in paypal, anyone got some red rally armors they wanna cough up?

#283 ·
Keep me updated on the SVX status.
Good to hear you've finaly issolated what you are doing engine wise on the RS. Just remember you'll find you want to re think things just as often as before untill you actually get something you can grab with your hands. GL
-Gaddis

#284 ·
Ive found that the cheapest way to run a swap, is to get a EJ20 twin turbo which can be had for 3-4 hundred bucks, rebuild the bottom end, not sure about cams and topend parts, but pull all the TT parts off and sell them to make some money back, build twin scroll headers (unequal length) and run the rotated HX35 with a front mount, which im just going to run a standard bumper width one, not the 50/50 thing i thought of. Should put down some good power and spool shouldnt be horrendous. If all goes well i may build another closed deck with good internals and make a more serious motor.

#287 ·
what are you going to do with trans/diff/brakes? how much power are you looking to get? holset is deff more then rs trans will take. why not find a donor usdm wrx (02-03) and swapt it over a weekend. it might seem expensive but it will be cheaper then what you are trying to do plus you could sell off a bunch of crap. just think on the tt engine...........its old, like really old and outdated. complete rebuild isn't cheap and you probably wont get much benefit from it as you would from newer engine.

#294 ·
Depending on the trans/rear, i was hoping to get my hands on a R/RA trans with 4.44, but i might have to run a WRX trans for the time being. Like Slava said, that turbo will be the end of my stock gears.

Boost levels, just daily driving it around maybe 10-15, if i bring it to the track (not drag), maybe 20+

#297 ·
Yeh dude, definately on friday, ill be leaving like 7:30-8 and should be there around 11-12... And im bringing everything i have for subies haha, interested in a brand new turbo X-member with a wrx rack and swaybar? :lol: if so ill bring it

I got a mount from school and test fitted the Momo seat i got and its really tight in the car, as in i cant get in it with anything in my pockets, hell i have to wear shorts but boy does it hold ya. Im probably gonna sell it unless you want me to bring that too? haha

#307 · (Edited)
hey man... looking around i really dont have alot of subbie stuff anymore.. i do however have a ej20 block id gladly give up just for your seat.. ;) il tell you what. heres a list of everything you would be interested in..

1) .ver 2 hood
2) .ver 2 prova grill
3) .ver 2 glass headlights
4) .ver 2 clear corners
5) .ver 2 rear bumper
6) .ver 2 STi type RA motor mounts
7) .05 wrx hood scoop
8) .07 wrx front bumper beam
9) .ver 2 STi type RA sun visors(JDM tyte y0)
10) .a few legacy exhausts
11) .leggy interior parts
12) .code 3 XL 57" Lightbar off an ambulance(hehe that was a fun night)
13) .shit ton of fog lights and projectors (to do some mad retrofits)
14) .my beat up momo corse seat
15) .legacy gauge clusters
16) .2002 wrx gauge cluster
17) .subaru radiator fan
18) .volvo racing high output radiator fan (sounds cheesy i know but this will blow your hair off)
19) .1 set of 17" ADR 13 painted chevy orange and wrapped up with 245,45,17 yokohama ES100 tires
20) .subaru factory alarm with shock sensor
21) .mazda MX6 dual halo headlights (retrofit parts)
22) .Traxxas Emax rc truck with 2002 wrx body
23) .6 sets of brake pads for single pot front brake calipers
24) .NPG Prova racing coilovers
25) .Tein wagon master coilovers
26) .EJ205 Block 38k miles no damage (hone marks visable)
27) .ver 2 radiator
uhhhh and sexual favors LOL jk

so with this list in mind tell me what you want and il tell you i want your exhaust and your seat and your wrx gauge cluster hehe and your front end.

ps you wouldnt happen to have your factory front bumper still would you??