Okay, had some big delays recently. Two things in the works: custom seat mounts and gearing up for paint.
Seat mounts...a while back I saw FDF fab made some sweet weld in mounts that would look really clean and offer a bunch of adjustment. I reached out to him to buy them and I just couldnít get him to complete the sale. Iím sure heís a busy guy and my purchase was small potatoes so whatever. I decided to design my own. Then it was a matter of finding someone to make them. My first try was a friend of a friend who CNC plasma cut them. They were pretty bad...so bad the bolts wouldnít even fit through the slots.
Next up was another friend who had a friend with a water jet. That guy agreed to do them and then 2 weeks later backed out. So finally my buddy hooked me up with a laser cutting shop. They did a fantastic job.
The other day I got them mocked up on the tubes. Really happy with the fitment. Iím going to take them off and chamfer the welded interface a bit before final fitment. Some photos...
The next big project has been getting geared up for paint since my next step is to paint the interior. I decided to go for it and finally get a decent compressor setup. However, This is an upgrade Iíd like to only do once. Which meant Iíd like to put up nice permanent plumbing, electrical, and to finish the wall of the garage where this will all go. So for the last few weekends Iíve been insulating, drywalling, and painting the back wall of my garage.
Also picked up a filter and dryer and some RapidAir Maxline to plumb it all.
So next is to put up the machine and order my compressor. Then paint!
"The energy given by dreams and passions can be useful everyday."