Nicole _ Another swap story - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Nicole _ Another swap story

Old 01-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #51
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Fav Mod: ej205
Trader Rating: (8)

Ordered a few more parts, going to buy the rest of my list this week. Harnesses are boxed and will ship out monday. Pulled her up out of the garage for the first round of cleaning today.

dirt mcgirt..

half done

On the list for tomorrow

Got my m2 catback on friday. Pulled up to see the end of the box hanging open

Looked good until I inspected the tip

In contact with the seller, I have low expectations on the outcome
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 09:09 PM   #52
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Finished cleaning the other half of the engine bay earlier this week, got the carpet pulled and shell vac'd out. No good photos of it though. Got the fenders and side skirts pulled tonight. Worst part was finding both lower fender bolts(the ones hidden under the skirts) had been mangled up by bad jack/lift placement. Both will need to get straightened up a bit before reinstallation, shouldn't be too terrible though. Other than that, everything is going great. Really glad to get the time cleaning the shell back up, boy does she need it!

A few more parts came in; new flat fuel door setup, kph->mph converter(went with the plug and play style), gtspec braces, control arm/front shifter/trailing arm bushings, invidia downpipe, grimmspeed pulley, white line sway mounts, kartboy front endlinks, jdm in-fender coolant overflow, and jdm hazard switch. Sways, headers, and a few randoms should be in next week. Yesterday I put in my order to rallysport for the rest of the bits on the list. Excited to get the whole lot in

Tomorrow I'm aiming to get the front crossmember pulled and some more cleaning done
Old 02-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #53
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Got the front crossmember pulled today. Going to pull the rear this week when I get time. Then some serious cleaning before starting to swap over the wrx rear end

Didn't realize until I started working in my parents garage that my Dad saved my Papa's work bench. I've been enjoying falling back into memories of working in his garage when I was younger.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:02 AM   #54
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Shew you can definitely tell she's seen some salty WV roads.. Rear end bolts aren't going quietly. Drivers side is loose, working on the passenger side tonight after work. One of the rear sway mount bolts sheared off Guess I was still roid ragin after wrestling the strut bolts off. Added extractin it back on the list. Just a few more parts to pull and I'll be prepping for rebuild. Dreading and getting excited about putting together the main ToDo list.

A few more parts dropped off. RSD order should be here tomorrow.

Get what ya pay for eh? My dirt cheap 'mandrel bent'(pffhuh!) headers showed up. Short 2 collectors are pretty hacked..

Perrin inlet and intake

Sways, more weight than I was expecting, but ridiculously beefy

On a personal note got the go ahead from my dr to get back on the slopes! So I'm going to need some extra motivation to get in the garage week nights after work

Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 02-25-2015 at 10:13 AM..
steezin_and_wheezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #55
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Finally getting some winter weather here and haven't had a chance to get back in the garage. I did get my rallysport order and snagged a deal on a decent blue carpet. Also getting the few replacement bits I wanted for the interior. Bought a new center vent since my adjuster was busted. Subaru honors a lifetime warranty for seat belt frays, glad I saw someone's post about it. Called and confirmed with my dealer, so once I'm road worthy I'll get my drivers replaced. Only thing left I want to fix/replace is the passenger side door switch panel. It's bottom end mount is broken, I'll have to look at it may be something I can fix.

Hoping to get back in the garage soon, but I've been enjoy sorting through all the new bits

Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 02-16-2015 at 01:52 PM..
Old 02-25-2015, 06:40 AM   #56
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Center vent and sti carpet made it in last week. Carpet will get a good clean and vac before getting shampooed.

Also this beauty showed up, insane turn around time. Can't thank Iwire enough for the amazing work

Got the rear crossmember and diff pulled last night. I had planned to leave the stock outrigger bushings, but they will be replaced now. Once I dropped the xmember and diff I could see how worn the outrigger bushings were. With nearly 200k on them, they've seen better days

Only thing left to disassemble is the mustachio bar and pedal box. Then I'll spend a couple days cleaning, before starting into the wrx donor.

Small rant on Fedex; Called to check on my shipping claim and they said it was denied due to the seller submitting a blank form. Seller even forwarded me the form he submitted to show he filled it out.. Fedex phone operator said they don't allow the buyer to open a shipping claim unless I bought a shipping waiver from the seller(that **** doesn't even make sense). I'm over it, seller said take it to a shop, get it fixed, and he would reimburse.. Not worth my time, told him to chip me back a few bucks and we'll put the deal to bed. Last time I ever use fedex if I can help it..
Old 02-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #57
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Went on amazon for 4 spark plugs and ended up with;

Photoshopping to see if I should go gold on the bbs'. I leaning towards leaving them silver and picking up another style wheel in gold. Original image. Photoshop;

Will be working on the swap this weekend. Going to pull the last couple parts off the RS tonight and clean for a while(wheel wheels, suspension, extract rear sway mount bolt, and another general wipe down). Aiming to pull the wrx rear crossmember to clean and start swapping on the new bushings.

Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 02-27-2015 at 04:36 PM..
Old 03-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #58
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Brought a couple things to the garage with me, almost got everything I wanted done

Mustache bar, pedal box, and shifter/linkage removed.

That's pretty much it for disassembling, so I installed a couple of the easy bits while cleaning the shell.

Flat fuel door;

(another part added to the list, going to replace the filler neck/pipe after getting a closer look)

jdm coolant tank;

Deatschwerks pump installed;

JDM hazard and replacement center vent;

Attempted to extract my broken sway mount bolt.. broke the extractor off in it. First time I've busted one, trying to decide if I want to get a hardened bit to drill it out or I've read you can use a punch and bust the extractor up since it's more brittle. Going to attempt everything I can before cutting the trunk open to solve to issue.

Some more cleaning in store for this week, going to order my outrigger bushings and maybe filler neck. Need the outrigger bushings before starting to pull the wrx rear crossmember to swap over.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:11 AM   #59
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Taking a few days off from driving back to the garage after work. I have a couple parts at my house to keep the process moving while I can't get to the garage. So I started some light cleaning last night;
Old 03-09-2015, 07:32 AM   #60
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Audio/Video bits came in last week. Got an insane deal on a nice used Kenwood double din(ddx512) from a friend. Was going to buy a new ddx371, but luckily was rambling about the project and he pulled this one out of his stash. Has the bluetooth and gps/nav modules, as well as an aux in for my rear cam setup. Went with Infinity speakers, 6.5" components for the front and regular 6.5" for the rear. A Boyo keyhole reverse cam, I'll set it up to switch the screen when in reverse. Only have the alarm/remote start unit left to purchase. Also a couple random things came in; fender clips, a replacement coolant hose for the hvac, and my outrigger bushings.

Dropped off the sti carpet at a local car wash for a thorough cleaning. They pressure washed and steam cleaned it. Turned out really well, here's a shot of the carpet, fenders, and seats I think the hues of blues will play nicely with each other.

I need to get that damn sway mount bolt out and start reassembling. I'm running out of part storage haha. Even my downstairs living room is filling up quick

Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 03-09-2015 at 10:44 AM..