Nicole _ Another swap story - Page 20 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Nicole _ Another swap story

Old 07-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #191
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

well damnit..now that i think about it, i now have the same plastic wrx/fxt IC and never tried putting the rubber seal back on. when i tried it on there last, it was with the metal bugeye IC.

yeah, the s201 scoop isn't for everyone. i think the cobo of the prodrive scoop and the 22b vent make it live-able. i didnt' like it much with the stock vents in there.
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #192
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Fav Mod: ej205
Trader Rating: (8)

My hardheadedness got me again.. My regular shop doesn't so stainless so I reluctantly dropped it at an exhaust shop I use to deal with. Long story why I don't give them business anymore. Boils down to some shady practices and did a friend who previously was an employee wrong. Owner said cool and could weld it that afternoon. Called back after work to check before driving by. No go, would be first thing tomorrow. That's ok with me as that way my garage night. 2 days later of the run arounds I go pickup the untouched pipe. Now instead of just gritting and bearing the wait - I have a lovely mid pipe that still needs welded sitting in my floor haha.. Hopefully will have time soon to drop it with a new guy my mechanic suggested.

22b vent order slipped through rallytech's shipping. All good now though, he got it shipped now and added express shipping on it

Next few weekends are booked, but once the mid pipe is welded I'll bring her back to my house. Then my driveway will be a parking lot again!! I just want to drive..
Old 07-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #193
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Nothing too fancy, but decent work at a decent price!

A rare beach trip this weekend for me. Hopefully if all's well, she'll get inspected and brought home next week!
Old 07-29-2016, 12:48 AM   #194
FXTrev
2.5L

Fav Mod: Suspension
Trader Rating: (0)

Looking good man! Nice work so far.
FXTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:22 AM   #195
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Thanks trev

Finally got back into the garage last night - slapped the pipe on, did another round of torquing on the drivetrain and drove her home! Inspection is out so I was creepin through the dark woods dodging any coppa's. Sorry for the terrible photos..

Made it to my Pure station and topped off the tank. I need to double check my hose routing and all. For some reason it didn't like to fill up in 1 squeeze of the pump handle. Didn't act up too much, but kicked off at ~10 gal and took a couple more squeezes to finish out the tank.

Checking fluids again

Typical thirsty photo;

Feels good to have the stable full again!

I got a ticket years ago for bad inspection after I had just got her on the road after being down with a bad wheel bearing - So I'm nervous driving around with one that's out of date. Got up early this morning to try and make it to work w/o anyone seeing the old sticker. Of course a city cop pulls up behind me at the first stop light! Haha.. No worries, plates and all are good and the rear window was still covered in dew so he couldn't peep through. First half day commuting with her. Driving the ej205 in, brings back memories of commuting in my last bugeye expect I feel like it's had liposuction being in the coupe.

Couple things I noticed; passenger's rear brake dust shield still rubs a bit, driver's side door lock isn't working(switch works pass. lock, and drivers window works, chase it down!), catback will swing and knock on the diff carrier a bit, shudder in the steering seems non existent now, and the overall ride feels fantastic!!!!! Definitely stiff and some NVH, but the grin on my face couldn't possibly be any bigger
Old 08-02-2016, 06:43 AM   #196
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

liposuction all the gd's!!
Old 08-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #197
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Hahah half way through this swap I was thinking of my next swap project(brat). Now that I'm nearly finished - I'll be taking a little while off from heavy projects! If I had my own garage it would be one thing to have a back burner project, maybe in the next few years

She legal!!

Passed inspection, but not without making me sweat a bit. I was chatting with the young guy doing it, asked if I had to have two cats in the dp like stock or if one would cut it. Said I'd be good to go. Then the old duder came by and start poking around, "I don't see any cat on this, pop the hood" Damn near every wrencher was gathered around by the time I had convinced him there was a cat in the downpipe under the dp blanket. Finally with photos of the pipe off the car(luckily i photo everything..) he broke and gave it the nod.

Need to look at the damn dust shield on the pass rear rotor again, still getting some contact on left turns. Alignment this week hopefully then get to start into the old familiar mountain roads
Old 08-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #198
FXTrev
2.5L

Fav Mod: Suspension
Trader Rating: (0)

Congrats! That's gotta feel good.
FXTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:59 AM   #199
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Definitely a fantastic feeling! Still a few things to massage out, but finally got the monkey off my back(having it sit in the parents garage).

Yesterday I solved my drivers door lock problem. Knew it had to be something on the simple side, but was certain my switches hadn't been unplugged or anything. Did a little research and came back with an answer. Found this post. I had removed my keyless system and needed to jump the pins on it's plug. A string of wire and some tape and the driver's door lock is fully functional! My clutch pedal has developed a squeak though and didn't get a chance to glance at it before the rain moved it. So I closed the door and messed with the headunit for a while. Nav, bluetooth, and hands free tele are all fully functional. I'll have to test the mic on the hands free to see if road noise will be an issue.

After driving some more the alignment actually seems closer than I had first assumed, but I'm pretty sure I got my steering wheel one or two splines off counterclockwise. Also I confirmed that I stripped the torx screw on the air bag with my taper proof bit sheered off in it.. Once I get that pulled I'll turn the steering straightened out. Time is running out this week so I'm going to schedule a time to get it aligned and hopefully the drivers side seat belt replaced at my local dealer.

Road home with dad last night to pickup my Durango from their place. Loaded up some of the spares I had there. Still need to organize and separate my tools from his, grab the last of the spares inside garage, then hook up the trailer and pull home my RS crossmembers. Who needs parts?!?
Old 08-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #200
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

That fantastic feeling is fleeting! Hahah(maniacal possibly going insane laughter)..

Decided to drive my durango into work yesterday and it must have hurt her feelings. My brother and I were heading to our Rec center last night. He hadn't ridden in it yet so I insisted we'd take it. Glad we did! He got and half way to the rec center he said the carpet was wet. Parked and took a closer look, damn passenger floorboard was nearly a puddle! Fully soaked.. Felt around a bit and determined it's coming it from the vicinity of the blower box.

A week of rain in the forecast and heading out of town this weekend. So no choice but to take her back to the parents garage until I could look at it. Toweled up all I could and put my dehumidifier inside the car for the night. Heading back out tonight to pull the seat/carpet and hopefully determine where the rain water is getting it.

It's definitely fresh rain water, and I'm thinking it's from/through(?) the blower box. Found this thread and 2slo's description sounds like my issue. I'll know more tonight hopefully