Nicole _ Another swap story - Page 15 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Nicole _ Another swap story

Old 05-24-2016, 08:38 AM   #141
181stLeader
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Aerosim Carbon Widebody
Trader Rating: (14)

The list is getting shorter!
181stLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2016, 09:47 PM   #142
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Fav Mod: ej205
Trader Rating: (8)

Slowly but surely! Hah who am I kidding I question myself ever step of the way

Nice weather so I rode the moto to the garage. Started off by double checking last nights work.. Then started checking torque on everything in the engine bay. Once I pull the plugs and prime the engine I'll be ready to bolt the last few components down. Friend came over so I put him to work guiding the wires to lace up the turbo blanket. Went on with minor cussing and itchy arms. Looks much better than the old crusty heat shields

Nearly made up my mind - Thinking I'm going to run my rs radiator and fans. Maybe upgrade later to a koyo, but definitely want a side top hose inlet. Need to research if I can just run the wrx cap on my rs rad instead of gutting the rs.

Have a couple more parts in mind, we'll see what play cash I have in the kitty. Soccer tomorrow, but aiming to get back at it Thursday. Hardware from subaru should be in next week and I'll be able to torque down the drivetrain

Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 05-24-2016 at 09:51 PM..
steezin_and_wheezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #143
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Another night commuting to the garage on the moto. Such a great ride in, but always a nervous night ride back through the country dodging all the hooved rats.

Not much time last night, but still managed to knock another down. Sized up my RS radiator and ran my coolant lines. Somehow managed to lose/toss my top RS rad hose.. So ordered another that will hopefully be here this weekend. Not a huge fan of how far the in fender overflow tank is away, but everything looks decent. Went ahead and pulled the rad out to scrubbed some grim off

Shot's crooked, but mehhh

Going to the 600 this weekend, but plan to get back out there monday. Should hopefully have my hardware and radiator hose in by this weekend. I'll finished getting the drivetrain together and torque everything to spec. Next week sometime my rallysportdirect order should be in with my downpipe blanket and intercooler y pipe. Then if all goes well - engine finally assembled for test firing next weekend!!!

Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 05-27-2016 at 11:38 AM..
steezin_and_wheezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #144
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Didn't get as much time in the shop this weekend, but got a couple things done still. Summer is the time I make most of my two wheeler sales. After sealing a deal and delivering the bike I bolted to the garage.

Started with a box of goodies. Downpipe blanket, intercooler hoses, and hardware.

Installed my driveshaft bolts, rear trailing arm bolt, motor mount bolts, and filler neck valve nuts. Was worried I wouldn't be able to install filler neck valve nuts, but managed with a 1/4" drive. Bought a couple metric hardware sets and had the bolts for the neck's cover. Will clean and install it before the wheel goes on.

After the hardware moved over to the downpipe. Started with swapping the o2 sensor, always the easy jobs that seem snowball.. Put my wrench on and it turned right off. Almost too easy.. Looked what was on my wrench and the damn threaded bung pulled off the cat. After a quick dremel wheelin and a screw driver pry to break it loose.

Grabbed the downpipe blanket and wrapped it up. Blanket fits the invidia very well and I'm really pleased with how it turned out(was worried with the cat).

Installed and looking pretty

Quick trim for the o2 sensor

Mounted the axleback, 15mm hangers aren't going to cut it.. Not sure where I'm going to find a long hanger, but it's pressing again the bumper and leaves the piping too close to the diff/crossmember. Can figure that out later, then I move to the mid pipe.... Damn thing is ~4 inches too long! Just can't win on this one, thinking cheaping on the ebay cobb knock off is biting me now. Going to start hunting for a used cobb setup. The look is perfect though

I have the stock wrx exhaust still so toss that to the side and figure it out later. Moved back to the engine- looked over and doubled checked for a while. Don't think the wrx cap is going to work in my rs radiator, it fits, but is still a pressure cap. Cutting my rs is on the list for next shop time. Swapped on my new y-pipe and intercooler->throttle body coupler. Cleaned off the bottom of the trans since that was the only spot I hadn't scrubbed on the blasted thing. Filled the trans, engine, power steering, clutch and brake fluids. All good with no leaks.. yet!

Finally figured out this cable, pretty sure its a spare hood latch cable from the donor. After looking at it here at home. I may want to double check it's not the one from the rs!!

No test fire this weekend, but getting closer every hour I get to tool. Hoping for a couple week nights out there this week
Old 06-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #145
Oakos Automotive
Premium Vendor

Car: '02 WRX +P
Trader Rating: (12)

RPF1 Sale - PM for Discount information!
Oakos Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #146
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Ya know I thought I had the XL paranoid fab hangers. Looked at my order and it was the standard length 15mm!! Just for that lookout - you've got my order for a set, many thanks mang!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #147
Oakos Automotive
Premium Vendor

Car: '02 WRX +P
Trader Rating: (12)

No problem man! always looking out.

let me know if there is anything you need in the future.

-Tim
Oakos Automotive

RPF1 Sale - PM for Discount information!
Oakos Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:53 AM   #148
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Ordered! Hopefully they will be spot on for my setup. I'll keep you posted on anything needed in the future, thanks again.

Last thing I'll have to figure out on exhaust is how to shorten the midpipe in the garage(no welder or welding skills). Don't really want to hang my stock exhaust to drive to my exhaust shop. Then hang my 3" catback to mock up and shorten the mid/resonator pipe.. Looks like I'll have to buy the beers and invite a welder friend over
Old 06-07-2016, 07:58 AM   #149
FryphaX
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Registration!
Trader Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steezin_and_wheezin View Post
. Looks like I'll have to buy the beers and invite a welder friend over
That's usually the way to do it! Though I have had good luck with these guys in the past.

Amazon.com: SmartParts 320300 3" Butt Joint Stainless Steel Exhaust Clamp with I Block: Automotive
Old 06-07-2016, 12:23 PM   #150
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Ooo rad, ordered. Thanks mang!! If it'll save me swapping around the pipes - I definitely wouldn't mind a bit of exhaust blow on the drive to my exhaust shop. Looks like a perfect band-aid if I can't get my buddy to bring his rig over and weld me up