Good suggestion! Dogwood was first choice as its the state tree(and flower), but a cherry blossom would be much more bearable.
Great weekend in the garage, feeling rough after rolling on that concrete though. I'm definitely going to pay a pro to give me a well deserved massage after getting this thing road worthy.
Weekend started off on a bit of a downer though. This unit showed up and I was excited on its craftsmanship until I finished unwrapping and realized they made me a 94-97 bezel... mang manngggg haha. Already have the new one being processed and hopefully won't take as long as this one did. Going to look great, quality is definitely up to snuff. Now to just get the model correct
First thing on the list was getting the rear diff mounts mocked up. Old vs new groupN diff bar
and beatrush bar installed(no photo)
Had some help coming for the weekend so friday I pulled the interior back apart and prepped for rear top hat install. Started off with some hiccups, didn't do the best getting the rear seat back bolts in last reinstall. Had some funked threads on the bolt and it nearly succeeded in destroying the mount threads. Quick tap/die and the bolt and mount/nut cleaned right up. Waiting until morning to start the top hats so with the interior stripped and rear deck out I decided I'd swap my rear speakers.
Old vs New;
Spacer/mount just needed a bit of trimming, speaker screw holes redrilled and then the mounting screws trimmed to fit back in flush. Luckily the tweeter still fit nicely behind the stock speaker cover
Saturday morning we dove into the rear top hats and some more dirt cheap weight reduction!
With everything in and torqued I slapped the rear half of the interior back together
Ball joints were next up to bat, and were surprisingly easier than I anticipated. Used the old "hold your breath, jam a screwdriver in there and hope for no cracks." Worked like a charm
Knowing I had new ones to go in I may have pickle forked this one a bit much when separating the lca
Old vs New
LCA installed. About had to abort on the drivers side.. It was the arm I attempted bushing removal with my press. When I did I bent lca rear bushing location a bit. After a few persuasive blows it was back close enough to install. Hopefully it won't rear its head again when I go to align the front.
Break time, chip clip shop style
Got the front axles mounted and while crawling under the rig for a photo of the complete work - I unknowingly ended up in selfie mode..
The actual photo I was after
Driveshaft in and wrx exhaust heat shields mocked up. I'm going to need longer bolts for the wrx driveshaft support bracket, guess I left mine in the donor shell and the existing rs bolts are too short.
Sorted some parts and called it quits for the night. Decided I need to do a bit more research to find these dudes proper place
1. Ground cable bracket(i think). Had one on my harness already so I'm thinking this one is from the donor.
2. WRX downpipe J hanger
3. Still working on this one
4. RS exhaust J hanger.
Sunday started off by installing the brackets I figured out. Got the wrx downpipe j hanger installed and realized the other loose bolt on the side of my trans was for the stock downpipe's second mounting point. Then took a run to oriely's to return my spring compressor and order my ebrake setups
Feeling lazy sunday so I laid around and studied the undercarriage for a while. Decided I'm close enough to mock up the hubs and test fit everything I could. Went together pretty well, need to order some misc hardware and I'll be ready for final torque.
Rear end looking deeecent!
Front hubs went easily enough as well. Swapped the wrx abs sensors on, using the rs bracket so it all looks nice n tight
ToDo list got scratched on this weekend!!
Nearly ready to put her feet back on the ground soon! Exhaust ready to mock up and confirm fitment and o2 hole location.