Nicole _ Another swap story - Page 13 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Nicole _ Another swap story

Old 04-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #121
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

the part number in my thread is for black. i thought i would get the grey, but it superceded to the black when ordered via dealer.
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #122
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Prodrive all things
Trader Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.of.the.Jungle View Post
the part number in my thread is for black. i thought i would get the grey, but it superceded to the black when ordered via dealer.
I think Joe had mentioned there were no more black.. At this point though, I'm sure even a dark gray would be an upgrade over ill-fitting black. What was it, like $300ish shipped?
Old 04-28-2016, 06:12 AM   #123
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Fav Mod: ej205
Trader Rating: (8)

'Preciate it bast! Keep thinking I should purge out old parts, but never fails I end up needing to pull something from this or that. Carpet is definitely a wrestle, but worth the extra effort. Drivers side went really well, was getting a bit distracted by the time I made it around to the passenger side. This photo shows the whole drivers sill. Only need to stitch up the og seat belt hole, but I managed to get the sill covered and have no exposed staples

Counting down the days until the weekend, ready for more wrenching!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:30 AM   #124
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bast View Post
I think Joe had mentioned there were no more black.. At this point though, I'm sure even a dark gray would be an upgrade over ill-fitting black. What was it, like $300ish shipped?
picked up, but yeah.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:38 PM   #125
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Damnit lost the post to an accidental page refresh. first world problems... Bah here it goes

I may be on the same track as you guys on the carpet, but we'll see. I got the blue cheap so that's always good. Weekend of wrenching went pretty well. Same old story, never as much done as you'd hope. Still enjoying every minute though

Bushing puller worked well. Got both the rear trailing arm bushings swapped

A little spin on the DIY I found online. I'm lazy..

Fit was a bit tighter than anticipated ha.. Had to hammer out the from the receiver and move to the next

Ready for freshies

passenger side

Installed my rear subframe lock downs. Holes/threads definitely had 190k worth of grime in em. Didn't have the right size tap so I resorted to WD, a pick, and time. They had some slack after bottoming out so I tossed on a lock washer to take up space and keep the metal spacer from rattling.

Almost got one outrigger bushing centered. Tried a wood spacer/receiver and it couldn't handle the pressure. So I tried using to straight pieces on either side. Worked well until she slipped and nicked the side up a bit. Going to get the proper spacer and put this task to bed.

Merely a flesh wound

Wanted an easy task, so I picked one from the to do list. Pitch stop mount can't be that difficult right? Looks like the mount for my a/c line is cramping space for the mount. Going to size up the intercooler and all to see if I can persuade everything to plan nicely

Next went to mount the e-brake cables and abs wires to the bottom of the shell. Everything went well then I realized I put one of the wrx's on(different plug) so I pulled it and called it a night.

A little late to the garage this morning. Had to show one of my moto's to a tire kicker. Turned out he may actually be a potential buyer! Pulled my rs abs sensor, cleaned it up and dropped it on.

Wires run and plugged so I buttoned down the rear of the interior. Left the sound deadening material and the back support bar out. I'm definitely going to get a rear strut bar, and maybe make another back support with a window for the pass through. For now it's sturdy enough.

After looking at the photos I think I put the back cover in backwards haha. Should probably go felt towards the rear. oh well

Gtspec braces were next to get done. Dad was out washing mom's car so I got him to lend a hand an tackle this one. Took a little finagling to get realigned, we'll see how close we were once fenders are installed. Can't wait to feel the improvements of all this work

Brought the mustache bar home with me and will get a friend to hack me up a spacer this week hopefully. Then next weekend I can start assembling. Already getting hit with a bunch of the expected smalls that are needed. Mostly hardware that I want to clean up instead of reusing.

Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 05-02-2016 at 07:24 AM..
steezin_and_wheezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #126
FryphaX
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Registration!

You should get that cluster surround in, I'm super interested in seeing how that looks!
Old 05-02-2016, 06:40 AM   #127
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steezin_and_wheezin View Post

Can't wait to feel the improvements of all this work
lol...you've changed so much on this car, that you're not gonna know what you're feeling.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:43 AM   #128
FryphaX
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.of.the.Jungle View Post
lol...you've changed so much on this car, that you're not gonna know what you're feeling.
I'm gonna be in the same boat. People keep asking me for a review of this part or that part, like I'll know what's causing what awesomeness! There are a few pieces like the ALK that I'm waiting until I drive to car to put on just so I can tell the difference.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:31 AM   #129
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Definitely lots of changes, but never a bad thing! Can't wait to get a taste of the new flavor

The cluster surround is taking it's sweet time. Nervous and excited on it. May try a photo shop to drool on and hold me over until the product arrives. I'm still waiting to hear back that he even has the materials to start making it. $100 shipped it worth the risk and wait time. Only alternative was me making it and I'm terrible with custom bits like that. Never perfect enough when I do it myself and I'll never stop or finish it until it perfect aka it gets shelved and forgotten.

Really wish I had the motivation to get out there on week nights, but I'm still clearing my calendar and leaving my weekends wide open for her!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #130
FryphaX
Premium Member

Ahh, right on. I'll probably just end up rigging up a couple cheapo pods to the column for the time being.