Damnit lost the post to an accidental page refresh. first world problems... Bah here it goes
I may be on the same track as you guys on the carpet, but we'll see. I got the blue cheap so that's always good. Weekend of wrenching went pretty well. Same old story, never as much done as you'd hope. Still enjoying every minute though
Bushing puller worked well. Got both the rear trailing arm bushings swapped
A little spin on the DIY I found online. I'm lazy..
Fit was a bit tighter than anticipated ha.. Had to hammer out the from the receiver and move to the next
Ready for freshies
Installed my rear subframe lock downs. Holes/threads definitely had 190k worth of grime in em. Didn't have the right size tap so I resorted to WD, a pick, and time. They had some slack after bottoming out so I tossed on a lock washer to take up space and keep the metal spacer from rattling.
Almost got one outrigger bushing centered. Tried a wood spacer/receiver and it couldn't handle the pressure. So I tried using to straight pieces on either side. Worked well until she slipped and nicked the side up a bit. Going to get the proper spacer and put this task to bed.
Merely a flesh wound
Wanted an easy task, so I picked one from the to do list. Pitch stop mount can't be that difficult right? Looks like the mount for my a/c line is cramping space for the mount. Going to size up the intercooler and all to see if I can persuade everything to plan nicely
Next went to mount the e-brake cables and abs wires to the bottom of the shell. Everything went well then I realized I put one of the wrx's on(different plug) so I pulled it and called it a night.
A little late to the garage this morning. Had to show one of my moto's to a tire kicker. Turned out he may actually be a potential buyer! Pulled my rs abs sensor, cleaned it up and dropped it on.
Wires run and plugged so I buttoned down the rear of the interior. Left the sound deadening material and the back support bar out. I'm definitely going to get a rear strut bar, and maybe make another back support with a window for the pass through. For now it's sturdy enough.
After looking at the photos I think I put the back cover in backwards haha. Should probably go felt towards the rear. oh well
Gtspec braces were next to get done. Dad was out washing mom's car so I got him to lend a hand an tackle this one. Took a little finagling to get realigned, we'll see how close we were once fenders are installed. Can't wait to feel the improvements of all this work
Brought the mustache bar home with me and will get a friend to hack me up a spacer this week hopefully. Then next weekend I can start assembling. Already getting hit with a bunch of the expected smalls that are needed. Mostly hardware that I want to clean up instead of reusing.