Nicole _ Another swap story - Page 12 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Nicole _ Another swap story

Old 01-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #111
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Fav Mod: ej205
Trader Rating: (8)

Winter is back and kicking at Snowshoe. Probably no more weekends in the garage for while.. Going to have to keep on myself to get out week nights!

Aiming to get out there tonight and whittle down on some other bits. Thinking tonight I'll run the e-brake cables and button up the interior. Pretty sure I need a few clips/plugs so wanting to get 1 last big order together for know missing hardware.

This duder made it in. Beefier than I thought it was going to be. Should look great with the new pedals.
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #112
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Shew with a hellofa break I'm ready to get back at this one! Winter is done so all the summer ToDo lists are back on the front burner. This coming weekend I'll be in the garage trying to figure out why and what the hell I was thinking leaving all the loose ends laying about

With the slopes closed for the season - First up was all the ped parts I bought last summer. All of my nights have been spent getting everything packed and ready. First weekend after the winter and I managed to get all the pallets wrapped stacked packed and covered. A few rainy days in the driveway and they all shipped this past friday(huge relief for me)!!

Off to the airport to be flown coast to coast! Heading to my buyer in CA

With the parts gone I actually have free time! Scratched off some chores around the house/lawn and then polished up a couple motos/peds to resell. Trying to keep some miles off the Durango so I've been driving my brothers old leggy since he scooped up his new XT. It's nice to shift some gears again, but the old girl needs some TLC as well. Just about to click over 250,000

His XT, so nice. Too pricey for my cheap ass though!

Few things have trickled in for the swap and waiting for a couple more to get in. Got a nice metal flat fuel door dressed in RBP(thanks Garret) and jegs fuel filter to add to the parts pile. Also finally found the gauge setup I've been picturing. Was thinking I'd have to make something, but with enough search you too can find whatever you little heart desires!

A little worried about the angle the gauges will sit, but was the exact style I was after so I jumped. It's a few weeks out still, but at this rate it'll definitely be here before the car is finished haha

Stay tuned for more useless posts, and maybe an actual swap update sometime soonish
Old 04-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #113
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Weather's warm enough to finally start riding to wrench. Can't beat it!

Man it feels great to get back in the garage! A quick couple things friday night

Sized up the dead pedal. Thinking it will look nice down there, may actually get new wrx covers.

Painted flat fuel door installed. Color looks great, but we'll see once it's in the sunlight.

Got up at a decent time saturday to get started. Too bad the first thing I did was tap a flickering florescent light to have the bulb drop and explode.. Hour and a half later time to start in on the last few bushings. Bastards put up just as much of a fight as I'd dreaded. Started with the mustache bar, ended up using a jigsaw to hack out the center. Then assembled the hacksaw through to cut a relief in the metal sleeve.

Merely a flesh wound

Manage to get the new bushings mostly in. Just need a plate with a hole for the top of bushing to get it centered up.

Real LCA bushing was not so easy going.. Center sleeve was a wrestle to get out. Tried to just bfh smash the outer sleeve, but only broke every tool within reach(hulk smash..). Ended up biting the end in a vice then turning the arm to rip the sleeve loose from the bushing. Once that was out I sliced a relief and hammer it out.

Second was a muuuch cleaner show

New bushings in and ALK installed

Called it quits for the day and took a soak in my dad's hot tub. The perks of not having a garage at my house and building the car at the parents place.

After the church house, started sunday's session off by cleaning up and getting a bit more organized.

My 'piling' system

Not used pile is growing!

Jesus first, safety second

Swapped over some bits from my bad to good rear drivers hub and put my list together to build a lowes special bushing puller. Will definitely be putting on new e-brakes

These looked at my wrong so I decided to go ahead and pull em

Wanting to get the interior close to final button up. After a closer look I'll definitely have to cut new holes for coupe seat belts and patch the drivers existing hole. Opening for fuel/trunk latches will need a small adjustment. Also going to pull the stock clips off my grey carpet and put them on the sti to help with the fit.

Dead pedal mounting holes drilled. Keep thinking I should fix the rust, but need to get across the finish line and out of the garage pronto.

Rigged with screws to see if its crooked.. it might be haha

Ran my e-brake cables to be ready for carpet cover

Updated my dirty ToDo list and called it a day. Going to be back next weekend, and maybe get a week night out there.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:41 AM   #114
Hobo Joe
Free Supers!!!

Fav Mod: Supers Single Port Header
Trader Rating: (18)

Keep up the great work man!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 06:09 AM   #115
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

one bolt at a time. -jonnyO
Old 04-24-2016, 08:32 PM   #116
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Thanks gents!

Only got today in the garage this weekend. Friend convinced me to ride a poker run with him and his dad. Had a great ride, my little sporty was a bit out of place in the sea of cruisers though

Got a few hours knocked down on the subaru Sunday. Pulled my tabs off the old carpet before saddling up the GS and riding back to the garage.

Old sti tabs off and rs spots marked

No good stapler, so I popped some regulars through and crimped the backs down

Tabs on

Trim and console in

Looking good

Front half of the interior finalized!

There were a few spots that will still need some tlc, but for now it's good enough. A few small spots; sedan seat belt holes, trimmed for rear passenger floor air ducts, and hole for trunk/gas levers were a bit off. My biggest issue is the passenger side the carpet didn't cover the sill completely.. I'll have to find a chunk of carpet and a thick needle to sew in some patch work

Brought home my rear hub/control arm bushing. Hoping to get all I need at lowes to make my bushing puller. Once the last couple bushings are moved I'll be ready to start assembling drive train.

Going to enjoy getting use to this view again here soon!!

Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin; 04-24-2016 at 08:58 PM..
steezin_and_wheezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #117
steezin_and_wheezin
Premium Member

Finally got over to lowes and cobbled this unit together;

Used the new bushing to confirm receiver diameter and bolt length, hoping to test it out this weekend. Now I just need to find some plate metal with a hole be enough to allow the outrigger bushings to be centered up and I'll actually maybe possibly be done with bushings!! Finally..
Old 04-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #118
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Prodrive all things
Trader Rating: (4)

Good work on the carpet tabs. I didn't do that for mine.. so now I need to staple all mine in
Old 04-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #119
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

i had the bugeye wrx carpet in mine. bugged me EVERY time i got in the car because it didn't line up under the door sill plastics like it should. even with supes duper staple gun action. i eventually went brand new OE RS. fit and finish couldn't better.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:29 PM   #120
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Prodrive all things
Trader Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.of.the.Jungle View Post
i had the bugeye wrx carpet in mine. bugged me EVERY time i got in the car because it didn't line up under the door sill plastics like it should. even with supes duper staple gun action. i eventually went brand new OE RS. fit and finish couldn't better.
It's definitely starting to bug me. I just want a brand new black RS carpet but there's no certainty for one.