Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

a Percocet, two Vicodin and a couple beers, and the panties drop.

401K views 5K replies 193 participants last post by  breel 
#1 · (Edited)
by popular request, here's my member journal. enjoy it's lameness. :)

i'll start with my first subaru. my coupe. my baby. i bought her back in 2002. i lived in ND at the time, and bought myself a 300ZX turbo prior to moving up there. i love turbo Z's. turbo Z's don't like snow. i came back home to NC on vacation and saw this beautiful 98 RS sitting on a lot out side my parentals neighborhood. i had to have it. it was the classic blue on gold. i bought her on a friday. saturday morning, i drove 1900 or miles from NC to ND. i took this pic 4 days after i bought her, in ND.

got a house, got a friend with a bugeye. i bought a blue stars badge on ebay. bought a OMP strut tower bar.

sold my Z:

bought eibachs with agx's. threw on some hella's. bought some rota tarmacs with falken ziex 512's. got the windows tinted. all looked like this...obviously you can't see the front...

white sands NM.

i then turned that beautiful car into a rolling piece of ****. as can be seen here in this thread...
The new and improved - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

i moved back home sorta...to SC. and made it into this..

Attachments

See less See more
#264 ·
I knew I'd seen this car on RS25. I saw you on I-26 either yesterday morning or sometime last week.

I don't have a Subaru (yet), but I've been using this website for guidance while working on my friend's OBS. Let me know if you ever need a hand with wrenching. I live in Summerville now, but I work in downtown Charleston and teach at Trident Tech two nights a week.

A belated welcome to the area, hope it's been hospitable to you so far. You moved here from Columbia, right?

#267 ·
yah, i'm thinking HID soon too. i wonder how the clear glass and the non ribbed chrome insides will react to a kit. i know, i know, bad for others. whatever. i'm low enough to where i can get away with it. and i know how to aim headlights. plus i really think the non ribbed interior reflector will not scatter the light like the ribbed ones from the stock 99+'s.

#274 ·
it's pretty simple..

pull your car up to a wall where the ground is flat. turn on lights. i'd say close enough to where you can't walk in front of the car. others may differ.

take some elec tape and mark on the wall where the lights hit it. sharpie works too.

back up ~15-20 feet. flat ground here is key.

using the adjust screws on the headlight housing, put the beam patten back onto the tape marks so they're even with each other.

want em lower? measure down from the the original an equal amount and mark it on the wall, adjust to that height..same for higher, just opposite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.