Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Terry's Tube-a-Ruu 400hp Exotruck

243K views 2K replies 59 participants last post by  Jcianciulli7 
#1 · (Edited)
My 98 Forester is rusting bad. But rather than buy another shell to swap my motor into. Im going to just build a tube car around the Forester drivetrain. I have started to tear apart the car. Everything from the drivetrain will be used. For now even the stock gas tank, suspension and crossmembers will be used as my initial focus will be to get PA tags and registration for it to make it STREET LEGAL. The end goal is a 400whp AWD Street buggy. It will also give me lots of future things to do. Like a finished project thats never finished.

Old Thread Terry's 415whp Forester diy budget build. About to be retired. - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Current situation - Prepping for Road Course awesomeness

Driveline Specs:
Ej206 Stock longblock
2.5i Manifold
IAG Rails with 950cc injectors
Aeromotive FPR, set to 55psi base
Walbro 450
Legacy Outback 5mt
Southbend Stage 3 Ceramic Clutch
Borg Warner S252sx-e Turbo
Perrin FMIC
3" TBE to a Magnaflow Camaro Muffler
AWD
05 impreza 2.5rs front axles because shorter

Wish List:
92mm forged slugs
H-beam rods
Group N Motor Mounts
TS Rear Diff Mounts
Hydraulic Hand brake
265/35-18 Stickies
6 speed, derrrr

Attachments

See less See more
#1,557 ·
I had a teacher build his own sprint car sway bars using a similar method, no heat treat or fancy cryo tank.

The laundry livery looks sweet, it fits the cars "usefulness" vibe really well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#1,558 · (Edited)
i found a 20" piece of 4140 in shop, the press guy is gonna give me a test bend. if it goes well i can avoid heating the bends and hopefully keeps its properties intact. BUT i just had another idea involving heating the link end and pressing them flat and drilling multiple holes for a little bit of "tuning". I need to rethink my mount on the lateral link, right now its at 3 oclock which would be twisting the link on its bushings

i think if i leave ends long, i can weld a tab on top like a dorsal fin. this is full compressed to it rides a couple inches higher now

#1,560 ·
I like the idea of pressing the ends flat and drilling multiple holes. Allows a bit more room for adjustment since you really can't be sure how the car will react with something like this.

Maybe try a pipe die from a cheapo pipe bender to help the bend hold shape better?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#1,579 ·
Very noice !!!

We are all glad you wearing a helment :p
Gloves or long sleeve to protect the left arm especially.
I'd also get a balaklava to protect the neck.

Cant imagine them little debris traveling at 130mph hitting somebody in the neck.

Also if that was ALS you put on to make that porsche move... it didnt register any boost on the boost gauge...

Last but not least.. them pesky Neons...

#1,583 ·
Are those fuel and oil pressures logged via OBD?
Is this something that can be done with Open Source ECU tune? Are they usable in maps or just for logging?
I missed a lot in this thread recently... 3D printers, datalogs, aerodynamics.. This is awesome! My type of fun! )))