Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - Luke's BH9 Outback - EJ251 Turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 06:57 PM  
LYH45
2.2L

Fav Mod: WRX 5 Spokes
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.of.the.Jungle View Post
looking good luke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff3333 View Post
Nice progress.
Good job.
Thanks guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCoNoHa View Post
Intercooler piping looks great. Personally I'd keep it as is, looks fresh. Are you using the stock ej251 injectors for now?
Yeah that's the plan for now. I'm only planning on running 5-6 psi as I don't think the engine could take much more with the age and kilometres.
More and more I'm liking the silver. Will definitely need a polish though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjohnson View Post
Have you got a link to the piping kit??
I was thinking of going under the radiator then up and have the intercooler ports on the the bottom. Now you've got me thinking haha
2.25" INCH 57MM ALUMINUM TURBO INTERCOOLER PIPING KIT UNIVERSAL PIPES +CLAMP | eBay
Here's the link. I got a discount due to a promo but it's still fairly priced.
That was my original plan too but I wasn't happy with making it the lowest point on the chassis. I also wanted to make is look as neat and factory as possible. Honestly I think it's the cleanest way to ever run a front mount.

Last night I ordered the rest of the silicon joins except the one for the throttle body. I went with red as it's about a 3rd of the price of getting black. And all the joins will be out of the engine bay anyway so I think it will work. Black for in the engine bay. Red for the outside the chassis.

When I did that the straight joiners I got are 2.25" to 2.5" reducer to the intercooler as it gives me more options and again, about a 3rd of the price of getting 2.25" straight.

Luke
LYH45 is offline   Reply With Quote