Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - Mailman’s 2000 RS Couple Daily Driver
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 06:01 PM  
Mailman
2.0L

Trader Rating: (0)
Default December 2018 - January 2019

Last Christmas I started to get more serious with repair/upgrades. I installed KYB AGX struts with King OE height GC8 springs and STI Group N strut mounts. I was previously running H&R sport springs on stock struts. The car came with AGX's / H&R sports when I bought it. The original AGX's wore out in 2009 and I had the original stock springs put on to save cash at the time. I always felt the H&R springs were too harsh and there was almost no fender clearance in the rear.

I purchased all new OEM strut components to build the new shocks. For the strut mounts I purchased a full set of Group N GC8 mounts from Rallispec. Once I got the shocks put together they went in painlessly. The car definitely rides a bit higher and the ride is a lot more pleasant while still retaining some stiffness.

I also treated myself to some new wheels and tires. I purchased 17" Sparco Assetto Gara's paired with Bridgestone Potenza's from Tire Rack. I really dig the new look.

Last edited by Mailman; 03-01-2019 at 06:07 PM..
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote