Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My 50K mile RS Sedan

54K views 154 replies 39 participants last post by  NobleMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so I finally got around to this since I needed to make a login to buy more parts! I've got myself a 2001 RS that I managed to find with a manual gearbox and only 50K miles, from the original owner with no accidents on the CarFax or AutoCheck.

There were some serious bumps in the road getting it road-worthy however, but now that it's all settled, here's a few pictures. I'm looking forward to keeping this car a very, very long time. Enough chat, here's some photos from the day I got the car to just a few days ago:

I've only done a few things so far:

• New Exedy clutch kit and ACT StreetLite flywheel
  • Replaced hard brake lines
  • K&N air filter
  • Extended armrest
  • Yellow Lamin-X on the fog lights, clears on the headlights
  • Various OEM parts purchased new to replace worn items, minor things
Overall I'm very happy with the car, been wanting a GC8 for some time now. Plans are in the works, but nothing crazy, I'd like to keep this car as original as possible with OEM+ styling without going overboard, like my old car.

Before this I drove an E30, good times:

Looking forward to learning a lot from this board and others like it! And if anyone knows where I can get a black coupe wing...!

Attachments

See less See more
#125 · (Edited)
Update:

New OEM antenna, finally installed after 4 years of owning this piece - never got around to it and found it hiding

Cleaner "gurney flap" I found on eBay, its basically a small lip spoiler re-purposed.

Lots more to come with the interior back together...I also was able to wire the seat height adjusters with the help of a friend, so that is also working now.

#132 ·

Was delayed when someone hit my front bumper while it was parked, this pic is after it came back from the body shop. It's all better now.

Put the fluted lights on as well as a permanent solution to mounting the front plate. More to come as always, once I get off my butt.

#135 ·
being and old man sucks. i'm getting closer and closer to 40 and i'm not liking my super low low ride anymore. really want to get my hands on some h&R's to give me the best of both worlds.

burn-up lip...shyeah right. good luck on that. :lol: ebay UK maybe?

#140 ·
Well, this thing doesn't do Auto-X courses, but it is definitely taking some getting used to. I almost wish I went with the standard one, but saw the gap between the airbag and the wheel was more prominent with that one, versus the flat shape.

I am considering switching still though ha

#141 ·

Custom made decal that is as close to what I'd believe it would be for the riser. The old slogan for Mine's was "Motor Sports Creator" that I've seen on much older items.

I also resprayed the side trim with SEM Trim Black after using SEM Plastic Cleaner to promote adhesion. I like how it came out but may re-apply on one side as it came out a bit faint. I blame the near 100 degree temps.

- This one is after painting. More to come as always!

#144 ·

Its been a minute so here's whats been updated:

1. Painted wipers with SEM Trim
2. Painted rain guard inside the hood scoop with SEM Trim
3. Installed "city" lights inside the main light housings, spliced into the corner light
4. Debadged the 2.5RS emblem on the trunk
5. Properly installed front plate tilt
6. Oil change, tire rotation, alignment, and full exterior detail done
7. Installed rear stainless door sills after having to cut to fit
8. Spruced up engine bay with new parts

I went to H2Oi this year again and had a blast, we had a big turnout for the GC Owners Meet - 16 cars, and a few that were at H2Oi that did not show, I'd say about 20 GC Impreza's were there in total.

Adam Whitaker's coupe was there putting on a show.

13 cars went on a short cruise afterward, good times were had. Hit 91K miles on the way home.

Then I got married and went to Italy for 2 weeks! Now time to buy parts before its too late as everyone keeps telling me :p

More to come as always, there's a bunch of parts sitting here I need to install...in due time!

#149 ·
hahaha what day did u get married? i got married too on 11/6/18 which is why i havent updated in a while.

which city light kit did u go with? i want to wire up my foglight relay to be active with the parking lights, and that would go awesome with a set of city lights.

#151 · (Edited)
Long overdue update.

Installed:
1. Antonenko555 front lip with SEM Trim Black treatment
2. Pivot "Ballerina" Impreza Super Shift knob
3. Metal shift surround powdercoated black from chrome
4. New OEM cabin air filter kit
5. New OEM window weather stripping for both sides

I also purchased a brand new door panel:

It will get reupholstered with the Recaro print as well in due time. I also had the car detailed just prior to the front lip going on:

I also test fit a C-West grille but didn't like the look:

I have a new grille going on as soon as it gets back from paint. There's also calipers, and some other small things to go on soon enough. More to come as always.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.