Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - silverton's RS-T [now with smaller pictures, sorry!]
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 02:51 PM  
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: turrrrrbbbbooooo
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJr View Post
as a fellow motor blower, its time for open source tuning. Wether it be proj lambda or a wrx ecu swap. Both should be smog compliant. The wrx ecu has the advantage of all the built in boost tables like the all important over boost fuel cut, and injector scaling tables. Im not sure what lambda has defined but i would assume its limiting for boost applications.

i did the wrx swap but use the carberry rom, which wont pass smog. but i got it passed and now just keep it under 5k miles a year so i dont have to worry about it anymore
Right! a WRX ecu is probably what I need. I know that involves a few sensor changes, and the crank gear. Something to look in to! Why can't you pass smog with the carberry rom? We have plug in emissions that look for certain CELs to pass/fail. I don't think PL has the resolution I need. -10 to +15 in a 16 cell table... gross.

Most radiators technically have a liquid to air cooler built in. Automatics! But I don't see why you couldn't use it for motor oil as well. Only caveat, and same goes for transmission fluid, there is the potential for a failure and fluid mixture. But then, that's technically an oil warmer. It gets your motor oil up to temp faster, but should also keep it around 180-200. My oil cooler has a 180 stat in it, but was thinking about buying the next step up, 200 I think? Helps to burn the gas and condensation out of the oil.