Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My 50K mile RS Sedan

54K views 154 replies 39 participants last post by  NobleMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so I finally got around to this since I needed to make a login to buy more parts! I've got myself a 2001 RS that I managed to find with a manual gearbox and only 50K miles, from the original owner with no accidents on the CarFax or AutoCheck.

There were some serious bumps in the road getting it road-worthy however, but now that it's all settled, here's a few pictures. I'm looking forward to keeping this car a very, very long time. Enough chat, here's some photos from the day I got the car to just a few days ago:

I've only done a few things so far:

• New Exedy clutch kit and ACT StreetLite flywheel
  • Replaced hard brake lines
  • K&N air filter
  • Extended armrest
  • Yellow Lamin-X on the fog lights, clears on the headlights
  • Various OEM parts purchased new to replace worn items, minor things
Overall I'm very happy with the car, been wanting a GC8 for some time now. Plans are in the works, but nothing crazy, I'd like to keep this car as original as possible with OEM+ styling without going overboard, like my old car.

Before this I drove an E30, good times:

Looking forward to learning a lot from this board and others like it! And if anyone knows where I can get a black coupe wing...!

Attachments

See less See more
#36 ·
Its been a while, been busy!

Mid-Atlantic got a good snowfall this season

Picked up a set of amber corner lights, took three tries to get a not-broken pair from eBay...also picked up a coupe wing and painted it.

And lastly...

17x7" Speedline ST2's! The stickers were falling off so I've gone ahead and started to remove all of them, may place new ones on later. Clay bar'd and cleaned as much as I can, I do need to have one touched up for curb rash.

Suspension is up next! Might go with Flatout Suspension, but I'm conflicted as I was originally preferring to go with just a spring/strut combo. May also get a rear swaybar as well to reduce understeer.

That's it for now...59K miles!

#44 ·
Thanks! I am going super early Saturday morning, leaving early Sunday to avoid the massive traffic going in and out of OC. Full detail on Friday, no pics until then!

I'm at 60K now!

those mirrors look like ganador mirrors. they can be pretty pricey! u can get some replica ones for half that maybe
Gotcha, I was looking through those, but I couldn't find this specific style that are NON-vented. All the ones I see are vented.

#52 ·
So its been a while since I've updated, but I had a really bad wheel bearing. I had to rip out a lot of rusted suspension components to get to it. Lateral links, knuckles, backing plate...all new stuff now!

Car is quiet as a mouse now. I am looking to make a list of other minor stuff, but next up is some rear quarter panel rust repair...

I also added an HTAuto lip I purchased from Becca (BettyblueRS) and got that on! Lastly I drove Skyline Drive, amazing ride...

That's it for now, steelies going back on soon for winter mode...

#55 · (Edited)
Now around 72K, I have the following to install:

1. JDM Grill with "i" badge
  2. Replica fog covers
  3. JDM rain guards
  4. GD STi handbrake handle with red stitching
  5. Zealous Interiors extended armrest with extra padding, handbrake boot, and shift boot, all with red stitching
  6. Brand new OEM dashboard pocket, radio trim, Forester shift trim with deeper pocket, and center console
  7. Coupe wing with original matching paint and 2.5 RS logo stickers intact
  8. Brand new Lloyd Rubbertite mats

Also been working on a little project with a person here to make a 3D replica of a part that's notoriously easy to break, and NLA...more on that later. Pics to come!

#62 · (Edited)
Forgot to mention what I added more recently:

Cusco rear lower subframe bar
Cusco diffuser bracket
GD STi rear diffuser
Nardi Prestige with perforated leather and red stitch shift knob
RallyTech tow hook
Accord Spats - repainted using SEM Trim spray
Cobb double adjustable short shifter - tallest height, shortest throw

Coming soon - wing riser for the V4 coupe wing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.