Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - 2001 Impreza L | WRX swapped | Rust repairs and weight reduction!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 02:36 PM  
RavensFan77
Premium Member

Car: 2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
Fav Mod: Ej205
Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steezin_and_wheezin View Post
Been following along with this one, love the attention to detail on the smalls!
Thanks!
I just like to explain how and why I did things.....and it helps me keep track of how and why I did things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.of.the.Jungle View Post
one of the very few build threads i've read from top to bottom. i like.
Thanks!
I've been following your thread for a long time....always a good read. The turbo'd ej22 set up is sweet....hopefully you get all the kinks worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl206 View Post
Awesome direction you're going!

Motivation for the rest of us!

I'm doing the same thing w/ mine, cleaning it up, getting rid of the unnecessary weight and cleaning up rust. It's been in WA state it's whole life but there's quite a bit of rust still, good work though!
Thanks!

That's the only thing about GC's I hate...the rust! My rear 1/4 panel rust actually just started this year.....I saw it starting to bubble up over the summer. At least it managed to hold off 14 years of northeast winters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
I regret rebuilding my ej205 because it's a long, arduous, nerve wracking, frustrating, and expensive process. But I beefed it up, so it's not all bad. The biggest problem has been remembering how everything went. I started the motor in school, so I took it apart in august, and am just now putting it back together. CP pistons, sti rods, king bearings, cross drilled crank. About $1600 in the shortblock, on top of the initial cost of the complete engine, crossmember, sway bar, and harness ($1500), then the UEL header (ebay unit, got it for free) up-pipe (used $100) downpipe (cnt-$280) and catback ($250 used SRS) makes the total cost about $3,730. About the same price as the car.

Well like you said, its not all bad because you'll have a fresh engine.....definitely worth it in the end.

If I can ever find a 91-94 turbo leggy at the junkyard...I'll take it's super awesome engine and rebuild the bottom end to have a spare block....and eventually do a 205/22t hybrid.
RavensFan77 is offline   Reply With Quote